• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2021 JetBoaters.Net SeaDek Group Buy Sponsored By JetBoatPilot

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My swim platform peeled up without issue didn't leave much of a residue which cleaned up with Acetone nicely. Wonder if it gets worse the longer it stays there over the years.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
My swim platform peeled up without issue didn't leave much of a residue which cleaned up with Acetone nicely. Wonder if it gets worse the longer it stays there over the years.
Oh man it was brutal, a few pieces or sections came up easy. The one on the lower platform especially. It seems like all the glue or adhesive was in one area and most of the pieces. Been trying to get it perfectly clean for about 5 hours, probably only have about 30 minutes left and I'll I have it ready to roll. I would imagine you are correct mine have been baking in the sun since 2017.

Setec_Fl

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow you guys are quick! 6 days from order to on its way! My decking will be here before my patch kit. Excited to get this installed!!

Tobes

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
It would be fun to see how many kits he actually sold for the group buy. I’m sure it was quite a few!
I put my order in today about 4 hours ago. They must be busy as no reply back. Usually they do pretty well year after year. This will be my 2nd kit.

zackmorris

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Oh man it was brutal, a few pieces or sections came up easy. The one on the lower platform especially. It seems like all the glue or adhesive was in one area and most of the pieces. Been trying to get it perfectly clean for about 5 hours, probably only have about 30 minutes left and I'll I have it ready to roll. I would imagine you are correct mine have been baking in the sun since 2017.
Going to be fun peeling up the mat on my 2006.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wonder if DeBond would work a lot easier getting that adhesive off??? I have a can for removing 4200/5200, but I haven't tried it on the mat adhesive.

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I wonder if DeBond would work a lot easier getting that adhesive off??? I have a can for removing 4200/5200, but I haven't tried it on the mat adhesive.
I used the method of soaking a towel in mineral spirits, letting it sit for about 5-10 min, then scraping what I could off with a plastic scrapper. Rinse and repeat a few times until it was good enough to clean up with acetone. Anything is worth a try...lol. Was a process for sure, just had to keep at it. I got the whole back area done, gonna knock out the rest in the morning, holes are filled and ready and area is already clean and ready

Attachments

Last edited:

Crob83

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I used the method of soaking a towel in mineral spirits, letting it sit for about 5-10 min, then scraping what I could off with a plastic scrapper. Rinse and repeat a few times until it was good enough to clean up with acetone. Anything is worth a try...lol. Was a process for sure, just had to keep at it. I got the whole back area done, gonna knock out the rest in the morning, holes are filled and ready and area is already clean and ready
Just finished up, glad it's over ...lol. I think I did a damn good job. The front bow optional pieces aren't perfect, but glad that's where I made the mistake! They are good enough for me though, easy enough to replace our if I want to.

Attachments

Tobes

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Still never got a reply to email that I sent yesterday for invoice.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Still never got a reply to email that I sent yesterday for invoice.
Did you try calling them? They always answer the phones during the day and a very helpful.

Tobes

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Did you try calling them? They always answer the phones during the day and a very helpful.
Nope, emailed. Just like the OP states. Emailing info is a lot easier than calling it in :/

Setec_Fl

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just finished my install!! Used a sharp spatula to remove the old decking. Then soaked rags in mineral spirits. Covered the areas for about an hour, then scraped off the rest. Went behind that with goo-b-gone adhesive remover. Then scrubbed the boat with Dawn dishwasher soap and warm water. Then acetone. Then, right before placing the pads, denatured alcohol. Each pad was pressed down with a seam roller. These things should be very well secured :)
Now, to replace the seats and she’s going to be hella-sexy! Thanks for the discount!!

Attachments

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Just finished my install!! Used a sharp spatula to remove the old decking. Then soaked rags in mineral spirits. Covered the areas for about an hour, then scraped off the rest. Went behind that with goo-b-gone adhesive remover. Then scrubbed the boat with Dawn dishwasher soap and warm water. Then acetone. Then, right before placing the pads, denatured alcohol. Each pad was pressed down with a seam roller. These things should be very well secured :)
Now, to replace the seats and she’s going to be hella-sexy! Thanks for the discount!!
Excellent, thanks for the feedback.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Tobes

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I guess let me know if there are leftover spots..... @JetBoatPilot 2015 AR190

Maybe my emails just didn't go through.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot Thanks for partnering with us on yet another group buy! Glad we can help keep the production lines humming and our members can benefit from a discount!
Really worked out well this year! Thanks to all for another great event!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length