• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

2022 Yamaha JETBOAT 252SE - broken windshield

getab0at

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hi

Not sure how one of the windshield sections shattered on our new boat. It was up on the boat lift and would not be easy for someone to come along and damage. Have no idea how it happened. Anyway, my husband removed all the glass and now we just have an open space. Have contacted our dealer but they are telling me we have to purchase the whole side of the windshield but that Yamaha doesn't even have any part numbers available for all the sections! Does anyone know if the 2022 windshield is any different from the 2021 for the 252 SE?

Is there anywhere I can just purchase the actual glass? I've been searching on google but haven't found any place for the actual glass itself

Any help would be appreciated. Its painful to sit on the passenger side when it is windy/raining/ or slightly cold when going at decent speed. Plus it looks terrible. It is bad enough the Y already came off on one side and we can't even get that part!!!

Attachments

• broken windshield.jpeg
    broken windshield.jpeg
    567.5 KB · Views: 184
That looks like a brick went through the windsheild. Perhaps someone with 2021-2022 250se would take some detailed measurements of their boat for you. That way you could compare and make an educated decision on ordering a replacement part. If you were handi enough you could probably fashion a temp fix with plexi glass, perhaps just enough to break the wind.

I agree, that looks like foul play. Any cameras around? I have the same boat so I'll be following this thread.

Rig up some plastic unfortunately it will be a long wait another member had this happen it took a long time to get a replacement

Bummer. Might be worthwhile calling your insurance....

You could temporarily tape some lexan or polycarbonate to help with the wind blast.

It looks like the center portion of the windshield may have been slammed down....
Also... I think I have seen this picture somewhere else on the forum xD this happened a while ago right?
Do you have kids that pushed it open?
Do you put a cover on it in addition to lift?
Also where you using the strap to hold it open? -maybe the wind caught it and slammed it down-
Also sorry you got a RONA boat.

I don’t think you can buy this from a local glass shop because it’s curved glass (custom fitted for each model.

does insurance cover this ? like glass coverage in a car

Two years ago the marina broke our windshield- have to buy the glass in the frame around $700 and an install kit with seals and stuff for $150- also had to replace my mooring cover $700. They did provide us with a brand new Hurricane deck boat until the repair was finished. No comparison between the two boats but at least it got us out to the sandbar. They did a nice job repairing the boat and have detailed it for free a couple of times since.

Thank you all for the information. Going to see how long it would take to get the 2021 252 windshield.

Those sites may not have stuff as recent as you need….ultimately, in this environment, you’ll have to find the part yourself and have a dealer install it.

This happened today with my 22 AR210 to me and I saw it happen. My wife and I took the cover off, and we’re loading the boat up at our storage site. I looked over and saw the window literally blast outward accompanied by a loud pop. I can only assume there was some type defect in the glass or it was installed incorrectly and the heat under the cover made it expand. Apparently our vibration of moving around on the boat triggered it. Did you have any luck getting a replacement?

Attachments

• ED64B0D0-A800-40FC-B239-92076A74E972.jpeg
    ED64B0D0-A800-40FC-B239-92076A74E972.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 64
Check Babbits- good luck

Hi

So far no luck with the dealer getting it. They want us to replace the full side. There was no foul play unless someone climbed up on our deck and broke the window and took whatever they broke it with with them.

We got a piece of plexiglass and have used this as a temporary fix. We will probably just use one of your suggestions to get the glass from one of these companies.

Our insurance deductible is $1000 so will not be putting in a claim.

Buying the glass separate isn't an option- Yamaha only sources the whole side - no one will have just the glass

Back