• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

210 FSH Aft Sun Shade Kit?

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Product Details (shopyamaha.com)

Has anyone been able to order/get on of these from Yamaha yet? I've been stalking their site for a long time, and I can't even get a call back from my local dealer parts departments... or the next closest dealer... or even the next closest one.

I'm starting to think the product is straight up vaporware.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have ordered three things from the Yamaha website directly and got them all within a week I had to pick a dealer in a different state but that was still close to me off of the website my dealer was not listed.

Maduro

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Has anyone been able to order/get on of these from Yamaha yet? I've been stalking their site for a long time, and I can't even get a call back from my local dealer parts departments... or the next closest dealer... or even the next closest one.

I have 7 items on order through my dealer. Since February. Still no product. I live in the galveston area. Some friends that work in the shipping sector say that shipping containers are very hard to get. Supply chains are broken. Some say we haven’t seen the worst yet.

Liveto99

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have 7 items on order through my dealer. Since February. Still no product. I live in the galveston area. Some friends that work in the shipping sector say that shipping containers are very hard to get. Supply chains are broken. Some say we haven’t seen the worst yet.
I have found that for all products. And inflation is through the roof they just don’t harp on it yet. If you are going to buy anything in the next few years buy it now. Gas double, building material triple, steel, aluminum, copper up through the roof. Interest rates will be shooting up then we will be in the doldrums for a few years.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

Did you try Babbitts in Michigan?

vesder21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I also ordered the Yamaha version back in February, but still no word.

Has anyone decide to move on and purchase a 3rd party version? The one I have been looking at on Amazon is no longer in stock, but wondering if any of you have a shade installed over your bow or aft?

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I also ordered the Yamaha version back in February, but still no word.

Has anyone decide to move on and purchase a 3rd party version? The one I have been looking at on Amazon is no longer in stock, but wondering if any of you have a shade installed over your bow or aft?
If there is an alternative that appears to be good quality, I'm all for it. I can't fathom cloth and a couple metal posts being this difficult to produce, but what do I know? haha

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If there is an alternative that appears to be good quality, I'm all for it. I can't fathom cloth and a couple metal posts being this difficult to produce, but what do I know? haha
Oceansouth

Click the link above for oceansouth results on this forum

@Chris D post is why I got one

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yeah I've seen them, but wasn't able to figure out which one I'd need easily, need to gather measurements - my boat was in winter storage until about 20 minutes ago. :)

Has anyone actually put that one on a 210 sport yet? I haven't seen it. If I can't get the Yammy one soon I'll probably give it a shot.

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
When I bought my boat February, I got them to throw the AFT shade with the deal, im still waiting for it.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yeah I've seen them, but wasn't able to figure out which one I'd need easily, need to gather measurements - my boat was in winter storage until about 20 minutes ago. :)

Has anyone actually put that one on a 210 sport yet? I haven't seen it. If I can't get the Yammy one soon I'll probably give it a shot.
this is the smaller one on a sx210bimini extension.jpg

vesder21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I ended up cancelling my order for the Yamaha Aft Shade since it's been MIA for a few months and instead I just received the OS Bimini Extension Kit. I purchased the wider version (6.8' #2) so we'll see how much overlap there will be over/under the t-top and if I can use for both the bow and aft areas.

Attachments

JPINOT

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Please post some pics of it installed been thinking about adding this to mine :thumbsup:

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Yes please, would love some pics!

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I ended up cancelling my order for the Yamaha Aft Shade since it's been MIA for a few months and instead I just received the OS Bimini Extension Kit. I purchased the wider version (6.8' #2) so we'll see how much overlap there will be over/under the t-top and if I can use for both the bow and aft areas.
good call on the wider one. After the fact, I would have like to had the wider one as well.

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Did you get a chance to try fitting this yet? How did the larger size work out?

vesder21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have not because we have had four straight days of rain and have not had a chance to run over to the boat.

That said I think it may be too wide at 6.8 feet as I’m guessing the t-top is around 5 feet wide?

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have not because we have had four straight days of rain and have not had a chance to run over to the boat.

That said I think it may be too wide at 6.8 feet as I’m guessing the t-top is around 5 feet wide?
My 2021 FSH 210 is around 48" at the front and rear edges but the middle portion is 5 feet wide. However the rear rod holders are around 7 feet apart. I was holding off on ordering to see if you were able to get the larger one to work. It seems OceanSouth is never going to get the T-top shade extensions back in stock so I was looking at the one you ordered.

Last edited:

vesder21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Thanks for the measurements since I don't have my boat at the house. So it's looking like there will be a 16" overlap on each side if the front and rear is only 4'.

I'll try and get over to the boat in next few days and let you know.