• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

230 Hours now what

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Was out on it both days this weekend And I still love my boat. Given me ZERO issues from day 1. So as I creep close to 250 hours and beyond what should I be doing for preventative stuff besides trade it for a 2019.

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Well I had the captains bolster replaced under warranty and the rubber bumper on the walk through window got ripped off, other than that its been all smiles.

Recoveringfiberglassaddic

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Go to Mass and ask God why you're do special. "Zero issues". Lucky bastard.
It's all because of his of his profile photo. Hes obviously channeling "The most interesting man in the world".

I can almost see the Dos Equis commercial now.
"He actually gets issues covered under warranty. He only does oil changes. His boat runs flawlessly. Hes never had an intake clog. He IS the most interesting man in the world. "I dont always drink beer, but when I do, its Dos Equis"😂🤣

Last edited:

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Was out on it both days this weekend And I still love my boat. Given me ZERO issues from day 1. So as I creep close to 250 hours and beyond what should I be doing f.

taking her to Bimini .....

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Now that we have all the Jokes aside what should I be looking for in the lines of preventative stuff at this hour level.

Recoveringfiberglassaddic

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
So I'm still the new guy, but have to ask the OP @Evil Sports ,

If your boat has been so dang perfect why the want to trade it for a 19/20?? Seems like for every MFG theres some boats that are flawless and some that go back and fourth to the dealer more than they are on the water while under warranty.

What makes you want to give up your 250hr baby to roll the dice?? More features/options on a newer boat that tickles your fancy?? Hull/deck/running surface changes that improved performance over you boat?? Something about the engine/powertrain??

Not trying to play devils advocate or anything, just curious why you were thinking of letting this unicorn go for a 19??

Last edited:

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Do a visual inspection of all those hose clamps. Continue your typical maintenance. Check your pump bearings for water intrusion. And save your money for the inevitable repair because nothing lasts forever.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
With regard to the previously mentioned hose clamps @Evil Sports. I replaced all of mine with the solid band T clamps. Gives me peace of mind.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Do nothing the minute you start messing with things that are not broken they will be.
You now have the boat broken in and you have 1770 hours before you need to buy another one so relax

rkgdmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Do nothing the minute you start messing with things that are not broken they will be.
You now have the boat broken in and you have 1770 hours before you need to buy another one so relax
Hey @Cobra Jet Steering LLC ...I know your remarks are kind of tongue in cheek, but what are your thoughts on removing the cone to check the bearing grease? You put tons of hours on your skis...what's your maintenance schedule like with regard to bearings?

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
You will know when they go bad. I learned that most people cause their own issues when it comes to the pump cones if you remove one you better be sure you reseal it good.
I use high heat silicon on the rubber seal when I put it back on.
I inject gear lube in with the bearing grease so the bearings are always lubed.
Yamaha has very reliable pumps I have new bearings sitting in a box just in case I need them but so far I don't I also never grease the intermediate bearings I remove the fitting and inject gear lube in that as well , no force behind it so no damage to the seals and if anything is going bad the gear lube will leak out and let you see that it's time for a new one .

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Addic, I usually turn over my toys before they go boom. Thats the only motivation. There are some slight differences that I would like to have like storage under the helm, hinged seats, angled door on the other closet. Im not sure I want the whole connex experience. There has been some Hull changes as well. I get you on the risk portion, part of why I havnt done anything and its looking like I will sit still for this season as my dealer is out of 21s.