• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

242 Limited- big drop in speed over 2 weeks

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Texatl

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Pretty much every southern lake! Here is my boat before I got an airdock. The dirty side has already been pressure washed!

View attachment 159460
If I can ask. How did you clean that? I have pressure washed to main crap off. Started trying the StarBrite Hull Cleaner and it doesn’t seem to do a lot (even letting it sit for 5 mins) Maybe a little.

But it’s basically scrubbing now. But I’m doing it wrong tell me.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
If I can ask. How did you clean that? I have pressure washed to main crap off. Started trying the StarBrite Hull Cleaner and it doesn’t seem to do a lot (even letting it sit for 5 mins) Maybe a little.

But it’s basically scrubbing now. But I’m doing it wrong tell me.
Starbright hull cleaner should just wipe that stuff off. I wonder if yours is diluted? Some swear by toilet bowl cleaner. Muriatic acid is what you seek. Should wipe off

Evil Sports

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Get the lift, you will never regret it. I will have the same thing happen to my boat if I leave it in the CT river for 4 weeks. That's why I only leave it for weekends. I'm sure I would get far more use out of it if I had a lift set up.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

But it’* s basically scrubbing now. But I’m doing it wrong tell me.
If you are using the Instant hull cleaner, you may have diluted it too much. It always works for me.

20170504_124001.jpg

20170504_123943.jpg

I did not like the gel in the spray bottle, it leaked and I ended up pouring it in a bucket to brush on with a car wash brush attached to a hose. It also kills and releases zebra mussels around the pumps.

20181011_093302.jpg

20181011_093041.jpg

Last edited:

Texatl

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Thanks @zipper and @Julian here is what I am using, straight from the bottle, no diluting (on my part), and applied with a spray bottle
IMG_2450.jpg

Maybe not enough sprayed on with the spray bottle?? Definitely does not "wide off". It scrubs off nicely, with the rough side of a non-scratching blue kitchen scrubber :)

Boat is fairly clean now (after two full days under it). I have a couple more spors to get (very bottom of hull... not easy to reach under trailer LOL) and like @HangOutdoors asked, hoping under the bunks the carpet rubbing cleans it.

Last edited:

Texatl

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Get the lift, you will never regret it.
Indeed, I can see that now. So... Lift has been ordered and will be installed in the next two weeks. I told the Operations Manager (you know... She Who Must Be Obeyed) that the boat stays out of slip until lift is in. When we use it this week and next... it is the ramp for us. No reason to put it back in a slip now, just to pull it out and clean it all over again when the lift comes.

Plus I'm getting in on the JBP group buy and can install the new goodies while its out. :winkingthumbsup"

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Before and after pics. are informative and fun to look at. The growth up here is not too bad. At least once during Summer I would mask up with fins and snorkle to brush the bottom while anchored at a beach. Can I assume yours was not this bad?

20210811_120906.jpg

Last edited:

Texatl

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Before and after pics. are informative and fun to look at.
yes, agreed. that reminds me (and as just thinking about that) I need to put up the "after" pics. Will update those shortly.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks @zipper and @Julian here is what I am using, straight from the bottle, no diluting (on my part), and applied with a spray bottle
View attachment 159748

Maybe not enough sprayed on with the spray bottle?? Definitely does not "wide off". It scrubs off nicely, with the rough side of a non-scratching blue kitchen scrubber :)

Boat is fairly clean now (after two full days under it). I have a couple more spors to get (very bottom of hull... not easy to reach under trailer LOL) and like @HangOutdoors asked, hoping under the bunks the carpet rubbing cleans it.
People use the brand Star Brite like Kleenex. Skip the hull cleaner and go straight to StarBrite EZ On/Off Acid wash. Do yourself a favor and stop scrubbing. You have already put way too much elbow grease into this, and I am sorry I had not seen this thread earlier.

Big difference in these two products. And be sure to wear gloves and a mask on a breezy day. It will hurt the lungs, but save the scrubbing for beer drinking.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Old Hickory Lake near Nashville, TN.
This......This is easily the saddest post in this whole thread.

Wife and I took a weekend vacation there a few years ago. Locked through and went down to Nashville. Decided we liked the idea of being on the water AND that close to a major city.

Guess I just have to budget for a lift if we ever get a house there.

Texatl

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
This......This is easily the saddest post in this whole thread.

Wife and I took a weekend vacation there a few years ago. Locked through and went down to Nashville. Decided we liked the idea of being on the water AND that close to a major city.

Guess I just have to budget for a lift if we ever get a house there.
Yeah... lake is nasty, but its a huge lake, can go thru the locks to down town, lots of awesome coves, tons of fun... which is super cool. Its a big trade off. My buddy told me to buy a lift right away. I said "I'll see how it goes..." He was right. I was wrong. Should have ordered it day 1. :banghead:

Last edited:

Texatl

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Clean pics and an update...

First- I realized I don't have a lot of pics of my boat in the water. So this is right after launching from marina ramp. Its been out of the water for 2 weeks getting cleaned up and awaiting some goodness.
Docked1.jpg

But here is the, now, clean hull (2 days of pressure washing, scrubbing, Hull Cleaner, waxing, etc...)
IMG_2469.jpg

And here is why the boat was waiting on at the dock after launch... Lift was installed today :D
Lift1.jpg

If you look at the second pic (of the clean hull)... see that slight dirty water line. That was from being the water for an hour. 30 mins tied at the dock, 30 mins cruising around waiting for them to reset the bungs after test fit. That water is yucky for certain.

Last edited:

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
looks great please try to do some research on the bunks. I believe most jetboater shy away from that and use carpet. Granded this is for trailering, but still.

Texatl

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
looks great please try to do some research on the bunks. I believe most jetboater shy away from that and use carpet. Granded this is for trailering, but still.
You mean the bunks on the lift? Looking now, this is what the manufacturer says:
"recycled polymer cradles that never rot or mildew and are skid resistant, waterproof, and will never crack, chip, or splinter. The cradles will never leave a mark on your boats hull and are 100% maintenance free; you will never have to replace them."

I will certainly poke around the web on those and learn more. Lining them with carpet is always an option I can put on there. Should be fairly easy.

Thanks for drawing my attention to that. I hadn't thought about that since most builders/manufacturers don't even mention bunk material on their websites when I was researching brands.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes my understanding is that people were putting those on there trailers and it was scarfing their gel coat. Think there was something about heat too but I am not sure

Texatl

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Yes my understanding is that people were putting those on there trailers and it was scarfing their gel coat. Think there was something about heat too but I am not sure
Gotcha, yes thats why I'm only seeing comments about trailers in my initial searches. I'll keep digging around

Last edited: