• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

242S glove box lid

Rickeesmalls

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
1st try Ebay evrn if they're not listing it but have other parts you can inquire good luck

Pullen724

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The screw heads on mine had some rust on them when I bought the boat and Yamaha replaced under warranty but the dealer told me you can’t buy just the lid - they replaced the entire glove box assembly which goes all the way to the floor.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Holy sheep dip! I hunk the part you at looking for is 48 in the attached pic. If so your salesman was not lying, Yamaha only sells the entire assembly not parts of it and it’s almost $800 (for a plastic glove box?). For that kind of money I would probably try really hard to repair the original part (duct tape and/or epoxy), make my own out of wood or bring the old part to a company the offers 3D printing services. Good luck.

E778E6E3-5B59-4CEE-BF2E-1AF4EF67A9B7.png

Architeuthis

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
I’m in the same situation. I had a passenger trip and essentially fall onto the open door. I do not need or want to replace the entire assembly, just the door. If anyone stumbles onto a fix, I’d love to know. Heading to eBay now...

ks9mm

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’m in the same situation. I had a passenger trip and essentially fall onto the open door. I do not need or want to replace the entire assembly, just the door. If anyone stumbles onto a fix, I’d love to know. Heading to eBay now...
my plan is to make my own over winter with black plastic board

hughessa51

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone have any updates on self-repairs/replacements (or pics of what you have done)? Or found a place to get just the acrylic door vs the entire console box? Have a ‘16 with a cracked console box door...

carlitos96

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Same! Wife tripped and lid was open 😞. Has a big crack on it.

Hokietechvpi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I have a 2018 242x with the cracked glove box lid. I am considering making a 2d model of the lid and getting parts made out of 0.5” plastic. The part is slightly curved, but I think a flat part will be good enough. I can easily get 0.5” clear polycarbonate material waterjet cut. Finding a black shiny material that matches will be harder, but I’m looking

Has anyone tried this or interested. The parts get much cheaper with more people. Five people would make parts ~$50 a piece, vs buying the entire glove box.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

Russ

7D20D770-C1A4-442B-9DC0-959DD5E4A532.jpeg

ks9mm

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am in. Mine is cracked and I can't find same material to cut my own from.

carlitos96

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Interested :thumbsup:; haven't really put in the time to fix myself so this would be awesome.

Hokietechvpi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I ordered some giant graph paper, will trace and CAD my lid this week and make a drawing with dimensions to send out to confirm the size. 0.5" clear Lexan will be very strong. probably could paint the inside black. I'll post again next week with a drawing , and then get a quantity , and will order some waterjet cut parts.

TX_Mercenary

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
the brotherly love to help one another to get cheap parts and better quality

ks9mm

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
the problem is finding the material to cut from

TX_Mercenary

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XE
Boat Length
if you want a custom look i would suggest doing what this guy did to his yeti but apply it to the lid. put a bunch of stickers on the outside and epoxy it. but use the appropriate epoxy and urethane to guard against yellowing in the sun. gives you a cool lil design and it repairs and reinforces your lid

Hokietechvpi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Ok, I worked on Measuring my Front Panel tonight and made a drawing. Please check your glove box lid size against this drawing. If I buy one for myself, it's $200, If I buy five of them , they are $45.30 a piece, plus shipping and taxes, and they get cheaper from there. I think it makes sense to buy 5 right now, and install mine and make sure it works. I can then mail who ever wants one, and venmo me. A few extra isn't a bad thing, then I can play with baking one of them and try to match the slight curve in the part.
If others want one, we can do another group buy. I can get the holes built in for the magnetic clips, but the hinge will have to matched drilled by hand. The part will be 0.5" clear lexan, which you can paint with plastic spray paint.

1645075427091.png

Attachments

Hokietechvpi

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Please take a look at the drawing I attached above and confirm this is the same size. I don’t have an idea of what years and models have the same lid.

I can then place and order. There are 4 of us so far , which is enough to order.

karlshaw

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I'm also interested

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Mine isn't broken (yet), but if it does break I'd be inclined to cut the bottom tabs off, glue the face together and install a magnetic latch to the top edge (eliminating the shelf effect- and taking the weight off the plastic tabs).

But @Hokietechvpi is doing one WAY better. Are those tabs going to be able to hold the weight with the new material? Perhaps add a wire support line to hold some weight?