• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

242X? All in the numbers.....

Well I presented my case to my wife and she gave me the ultimatum. We could seriously look into a 242x OR she'll get breast implants.:thumbsup:

Easiest decision I've ever made! Just ordered SeaDek to spruce up the old boat.
Maybe money CAN buy happiness!!!:winkingthumbsup"

Well I presented my case to my wife and she gave me the ultimatum. We could seriously look into a 242x OR she'll get breast implants.:thumbsup:

Well....that puts and end to this discussion.

"I know what they say, 'money can't buy everything', well maybe so, but it can buy me a BOAT"

And it can buy me a truck. It can buy me a Yeti 110 iced down with some silver bullets...

play this song at least once every time we hit the water.

and im not a country fan, by any means :)

well hell I'm confused now... does this mean that we won't get to see pics of the upgrades???

Well I presented my case to my wife and she gave me the ultimatum. We could seriously look into a 242x OR she'll get "enhancements".:thumbsup:

That's gotta be a sign of getting old ;):D.

If you're into doing BS math, try it the other way. Ie: sum all of your expenses so far, how much you're upside down if you were to sell it, gas, insurance, storage, etc, and divide by the number of times you've used it... or better yet, by the number of hours. Sticker shock sets in real quick....

I'm a financially sound guy, but the boat is just one of those things that I had to put blinders on, even though I've done the Justification Total myself.... That being said, would the 242X actually add any realizable value (ie: enjoyment) over your current boat? I doubt it, and most of its toys you could get by upgrading if you really wanted (with the satisfaction of doing the work yourself)....

Now; as far as "enhancements" go... is there a group buy for that too? ;)

Awesome. If you've ever seen the movie "Summer Rental" you'll remember this line: "Those are fun for the whole family!"

If you haven't seen the movie, stop whatever it is you are doing and go watch it now. I'll stand by...

Awesome. If you've ever seen the movie "Summer Rental" you'll remember this line: "Those are fun for the whole family!"

If you haven't seen the movie, stop whatever it is you are doing and go watch it now. I'll stand by...
I like that movie and love John Candy. Sad he is gone.

And to the OP, send pics whatever you chose. :)

Well that sucks!! I don't think that is a boat problem -- that's a "you need to move" problem!! sorry to hear bud

Thanks but my statement is not impacted by where I live/ my nosey and bitchy neighbor. Just an honest evaluation of the relative gains I perceive I got with the new boat compared to what those gains cost me. For $25k to $30k I got a head compartment that has bn used as a head compartment less than 15 times over three seasons but has hold us stay on the water longer on the days it was used. I got bigger engines with no. Noticable performance gain and a few hater shower system. There are a few other things like different seating configuration, multifunction gauges, stainless steel cup holders, etc. but as a bundle it wasn't worth the in rent all cost, too me anyway.

I love boating regardless of the boat I'm on and recently confirms this twice when I rented a patio boat and small speed boat at local lakes I've visited. The rental boats were fully unloaded and may have been older than me but I had a just as good a time on them as I would have on my Yamaha.

@Shuck Water , as you may be able to tell I'm more aligned with @ncnmra logic and therefore think that you made the right choice to upgrade hat you have instead of buy new for the latest features high seem to be primarily a small keep and rudder along with better sound absorbing materials and centralized touch screen controls.

Thanks but my statement is not impacted by where I live/ my nosey and bitchy neighbor. Just an honest evaluation of the relative gains I perceive I got with the new boat compared to what those gains cost me. For $25k to $30k I got a head compartment that has bn used as a head compartment less than 15 times over three seasons but has hold us stay on the water longer on the days it was used. I got bigger engines with no. Noticable performance gain and a few hater shower system. There are a few other things like different seating configuration, multifunction gauges, stainless steel cup holders, etc. but as a bundle it wasn't worth the in rent all cost, too me anyway.

I love boating regardless of the boat I'm on and recently confirms this twice when I rented a patio boat and small speed boat at local lakes I've visited. The rental boats were fully unloaded and may have been older than me but I had a just as good a time on them as I would have on my Yamaha.

@Shuck Water , as you may be able to tell I'm more aligned with @ncnmra logic and therefore think that you made the right choice to upgrade hat you have instead of buy new for the latest features high seem to be primarily a small keep and rudder along with better sound absorbing materials and centralized touch screen controls.

Ronnie - I was just referring to your insanely high luxury tax. That's just ridiculous!!

Since a boat is a luxury, do whatever you can afford that makes you and your family happy. Life is short and tomorrow is not promised to anyone. Barring being completely ignorant financially, if you lose some some money then so be it. I'm sure most people take worse hits on autos all the time. Good luck!

With only 60 hrs on the 2012 engines it doesn't sound like you get enough use out of the boat to make it worth taking the $9k hit in negative equity IMO. That said, I can't seem to get myself to stop shopping new boats and finding ways to justify an upgrade when I know it wouldn't maybe be the best financial decision I have ever made. To make it worse we are coming up on dream season (aka winter, aka dreaming of the boat, dreaming of new models, dreaming of being on the water with bikini clad beautiful woman, dreaming of hot sun, dreaming of getting away with drinking fruity drinks without having to forfeit your man-card, dreaming of more beautiful bikini clad women, etc)

Back