• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

242x Yamaha swivel racks ?

Livi0411

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Doesn’t list my 2018 AR240 as a fit...X and AR’s tower structure looks the same, just diff bimini’s.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
24’ X, Ltd SE and Ltd S , I believe have same tower structurally. AR is different. Not sure how different, but we know the base that attaches to the hull is different.

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Livi0411
I just bought the surf/surf from bulletlines. You have to buy the one the fits the yamaha boat with the forward sweeping tower. If you buy any other rack from bulletlines the rack wont level out on your tower. It only comes in polished but I am going to get it power coded black. It will be arriving tomorrow. I also added the swivel. We have a baseball tournament this weekend but I will try to take a picture of the zup board in one of the surf slots to see if it fits in the rack.

I have a swivel monster tower rack. It's the knee board/wake board rack. That rack holds the zup board in the knee board slot. I called monster tower and they do not make a rack that holds 2 surfboards that's why I went to bullet lines. 20190712_234324.jpg20190712_234052.jpgFB_IMG_1562992523992.jpg

Last edited:

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Livi0411

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@mattschepker

Look forward to your comparison on the fit of the ZUP board in the Bulletlines rack vs the Monster rack. Also quality comparison?

You got the 2-3/8 mount, correct?

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@mattschepker

Look forward to your comparison on the fit of the ZUP board in the Bulletlines rack vs the Monster rack. Also quality comparison?

I have a 2017 AR240. My back bar on tower 1-7/8 and my front bar is 2-3/8. I got 1-7/8 because i am putting rack on back bar.

The monster tower rack is great quality. We have been in rough water and wide open throttle and the zup board has never moved. Everything on the monster rack is quick release So I can take off the rack and the swivel arm during towing and just leave the knuckle the part that wraps around the tower on. Everything on the monster rack is also adjustable so you will have no problem getting it level on your tower.
I know I said in and earlier post kneeboard/wake rack from moster but I believe this is what I bought 2 years ago. The Swivel is an additional $139Screenshot_20190713-070400_Samsung Internet.jpg

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The catalog calls them wakeboard racks. Do they hold surf boards as well? Or, the Zup board? My surf board is much thicker than a wake board (and thicker than some surf boards). My Zup and surf boards both fit in my krypt surf rack, so they are standard size.

Are all 4 slots the same size or mix/match?

@jcyamaharider
Abe, I'm confused.....dont you have the X model? If so, did it not come with the swivel board racks?

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Abe, I'm confused.....dont you have the X model? If so, did it not come with the swivel board racks?
Correct. The date the thread was created, I still had my SX210. :D

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@mattschepker

I got the rack. I haven't put it together yet because I'm getting it 20190714_194741.jpgpower coated. I did slide the surf surf rack on both sides of the footholds on the zup board and it fits nice. Once I get it put together and use it I will give you a better comparison.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Another option we figured out last year was the Yamaha rack was made by Monster Tower. You can order the Monster Surf/Wake Swivel rack for less than half the price of the Yamaha rack. And it's the same rack. Not available in black though.

You used to be able to use one of the many Overtons coupons out there, you can get it shipped under $300. But I see they have an exception to that printed in the ad now.

Monster Tower Swivel Wakeboard/Surfboard Rack

Livi0411

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just mounted my Monster Surf/Wake Combo rack with the 1-7/8” swivel mount. Not sure of the fit...doesn’t seem right. Dealer confirmed rear bar on tower for my ‘18 AR240 is 48mm. Anyone confirm the fit compared to there’s?

Attachments

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just mounted my Monster Surf/Wake Combo rack with the 1-7/8” swivel mount. Not sure of the fit...doesn’t seem right. Dealer confirmed rear bar on tower for my ‘18 AR240 is 48mm. Anyone confirm the fit compared to there’s?
Mine do not touch either but the gaps are identicle. Tighten the top a little bit loosen the bottom from pic 1

Thom

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have the Monster racks as well, you just need to fuss with it a bit to even out the gaps. Just be careful to check the angle and alignment the first time you swing the rack in, as it will chip the finish on the tower if it hits.

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
20190722_213813.jpg

@Livi0411
FYI this is where I mounted mine on my tower. When we swing the rack around to inside the boat, we are still able to sit under the the boards

mattschepker

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Livi0411,
I haven't gotten to use the bullet lines rack yet but I do have it installed on the boat. The monster tower rack is quick release. The bulletlines rack it is quick release to but it knobs with split locks that will probably fall off and get lost and 1 allen wrench bolt. Our zup board will fit in the surf slot on the bulletlines rack. It will be a tighter fit on the bulletlines rack but I will probably still keep it in the monster tower rack. I bought the rack made specifically for yamaha forward facing towers. I could not get leveled out so I called the company and they sent me out a new piece where the holes are slightly off center along with the extension arm. I had the parts in 2 days. The rack from bullet lines is definitely quality. I could not get this rack power coated because some rubber pieces were glued on and some parts inside the swivel could have been plastic and I didn't want to take a chance on them melting in the baking process since you can't open the swivel up because it's Spring loaded. So I elected to get the monster tower rack polished so it would match the other rack. Heres some pictures of the bulletlines rack. Over all I like both racks alot.20190721_120148.jpg20190721_120022.jpg

Attachments

Livi0411

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
On Norris Lake, TN the last two days, and the Monster rack is driving me CRAZY, only one board in the rack, a ZUP board, so the weight in the rack is well within spec, and it will rotate in the rack to the point it’s almost perpendicular to the water. I have to stop the board or else it will fall out. I took a part the rack this AM, and reassembled, and tighten every screw as tight AS POSSIBLE! Anyone will similar experience?! Help!!

The board starts parallel with the water and after a few wakes it ends up like this!?

Attachments

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length