• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Airdock-a way to wet slip with no worry and no fixed lift

mark_m

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Julian I think yes but want to confirm... the pvc frame is attached only with lines? Nothing is screwed into the dock itself? This is the criteria that the ODNR manager has for the docks at Alum Creek.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Julian I think yes but want to confirm... the pvc frame is attached only with lines? Nothing is screwed into the dock itself? This is the criteria that the ODNR manager has for the docks at Alum Creek.
Correct, the PVC frame is just roped to the dock. The air pump is screwed into the dock with 4 small screws though...

mark_m

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Correct, the PVC frame is just roped to the dock. The air pump is screwed into the dock with 4 small screws though...
Hmm.. maybe I could put some kind of weight in the bottom so the pump stays put. I understand why they don’t want people drilling holes into the docks. We have a lottery system, and if you’re drawn you get a 5 year option to renew.

mark_m

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
FYI for those looking at airdock:

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your interest in the Air Dock boat lift. The Air Dock control box can sit on the dock without screwing or nailing it into the dock. You can also use bricks to hold it down.

Great customer service with airdock!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It can just sit on the dock, but its pretty light, so I'd plan on having a thick chunk of wood you screw it down on to....perhaps with a brick inside it? (the more weight the better).

Are you not allowed dock boxes? If you are allowed dock boxes, you could attach it to the side of one pretty easily too. Just don't want the hoses pulling the box into the water.

mark_m

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’ll know more in the spring after I get to pick my dock. Fingers crossed that my number is high enough in line that I can choose one with shore power and water.