• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Airdock-a way to wet slip with no worry and no fixed lift

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Julian I think yes but want to confirm... the pvc frame is attached only with lines? Nothing is screwed into the dock itself? This is the criteria that the ODNR manager has for the docks at Alum Creek.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Julian I think yes but want to confirm... the pvc frame is attached only with lines? Nothing is screwed into the dock itself? This is the criteria that the ODNR manager has for the docks at Alum Creek.
Correct, the PVC frame is just roped to the dock. The air pump is screwed into the dock with 4 small screws though...

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Correct, the PVC frame is just roped to the dock. The air pump is screwed into the dock with 4 small screws though...
Hmm.. maybe I could put some kind of weight in the bottom so the pump stays put. I understand why they don’t want people drilling holes into the docks. We have a lottery system, and if you’re drawn you get a 5 year option to renew.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
FYI for those looking at airdock:

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your interest in the Air Dock boat lift. The Air Dock control box can sit on the dock without screwing or nailing it into the dock. You can also use bricks to hold it down.

Great customer service with airdock!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
It can just sit on the dock, but its pretty light, so I'd plan on having a thick chunk of wood you screw it down on to....perhaps with a brick inside it? (the more weight the better).

Are you not allowed dock boxes? If you are allowed dock boxes, you could attach it to the side of one pretty easily too. Just don't want the hoses pulling the box into the water.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’ll know more in the spring after I get to pick my dock. Fingers crossed that my number is high enough in line that I can choose one with shore power and water.

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone still using the airdock? Any better economical lift options today? Looking at Lake Erie lift options.... thanks.

mark_m

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@LakesideLaw after my first season at Alum Creek wet slipping I came to a few conclusions:

1. My pier has a lot of cabin cruisers with slips are 28' with water and power
2. My dock neighbor has a very nice brand new 212S
3. I prefer to dock the boat bow out so we can egress from the swim platform onto the dock
4. Oxalic acid does a great job in cleaning the scum from the bottom of the boat

I am not allowed to permanently fix anything to the dock itself.

For these reasons and I think it would be a bit ridiculous for a 13 year old boat to be on an airdock (and drawing attention needlessly) to my boat and the expense, I abandoned the idea.

For Lake Erie, can you put in some kind of permanent dock and lift? It would seem ideal in your location.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

russbly

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hi guys,
I'm really late to this post. Does this simply tie into a fixed dock? No drilling involved? Trying to find a solution to our community marina not wanting anyone to put in a Lift. I had found a used JetDock, but evidently that's a gateway drug to a boat lift.

This looks like a great solution.

thanks,
Russ

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hi guys,
I'm really late to this post. Does this simply tie into a fixed dock? No drilling involved? Trying to find a solution to our community marina not wanting anyone to put in a Lift. I had found a used JetDock, but evidently that's a gateway drug to a boat lift.

This looks like a great solution.

thanks,
Russ
Yes, it just ties to the dock. The blower is screwed down to my dock, but apparently you can just attach to to a heavy base if you can't screw to the dock (but most docs have screwed down dock boxes)

russbly

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
We're not allowed to have deck boxes. I will look into the base.

Thank you so much.

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
This might be a great solution for us...I tie up with whips at my relatives dock, but go crazy when I leave it for a week or two with the bottom slime (fresh water) They have a alum. lift and I've been searching for one but dont have the room to store it on shore for winter. Can this be easily removed from the water for winter /season freeze? Thanks for the info.

Attachments

KCAR250

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In the last year the starboard stern bag deflated on its own a couple of times. The first time towards the beginning of the season, I tightened all the connections and looked for a leak. I found no leak, but it didn't go down again, so I assumed it was a leak at a hose connection. At the end of the season it went down again. As I was pulling the boat out the following weekend, I didn't investigate it, inflated it for winter and figured I'd check it out in the spring. The air dock remained inflated over the winter and last weekend I again tightened all the hose connections (one was a little loose, one was tight).

This will be season 6 for the lift, and I hope to make it through this season without needing to fix or replace a bag....we'll see.
So, did it make it another season?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Texatl

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
No, I ended up buying a new set of liftbags last years. Quick and easy replacement .
Hey Julian- sorry for all the questions:

Is buying a new set of lift bags basically, buying it all over again? or was it just the bags themselves (no controls, hoses, etc...)

How similar is the cost of full system vs buying the replacement bags??? (not asking/don't share actual numbers, just wondering is it similar or not thats all)

Just looking to calculate that into the cost over time. About to make a lift decision and I really like these. But everyone (who has a lift) around my marina is on HarborHoist, Econolift, Poly Lift, etc... so I have nothing (other than the price of those brands) to benchmark against.

BTW there is a gorgeous Tige (on a Harbor Hoist) in the slip next to us... pity I never see it out of the dock.

Last edited:

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Hey Julian- sorry for all the questions:

Is buying a new set of lift bags basically, buying it all over again? or was it just the bags themselves (no controls, hoses, etc...)

How similar is the cost of full system vs buying the replacement bags??? (not asking/don't share actual numbers, just wondering is it similar or not thats all)

Just looking to calculate that into the cost over time. About to make a lift decision and I really like these. But everyone (who has a lift) around my marina is on HarborHoist, Econolift, Poly Lift, etc... so I have nothing (other than the price of those brands) to benchmark against.

BTW there is a gorgeous Tige (on a Harbor Hoist) in the slip next to us... pity I never see it out of the dock.
The replacement bags were much less than the whole system. Want to say half? No need for blower, hoses, frame.

Texatl

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
The replacement bags were much less than the whole system. Want to say half? No need for blower, hoses, frame.
awesome- thank you.