• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

An Apple a day...

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think it's only an issue with the plus. That's too big for my taste -- who puts that big of a phone in their pocket anyway?

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think it's only an issue with the plus. That's too big for my taste -- who puts that big of a phone in their pocket anyway?
Yes. Just watched a YouTube vid on this. Looks like there is a risk of plastic deformation in the aluminum case near the side button cut outs. The guy in the video put a large amount of pressure on the phone with his hands to get it to bend. Might well have broken a similar sized plastic phone. I will update with link...

Update:
. 12,000,000 views so far

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Having to recharge during the middle of the day is my biggest gripe about the iPhone.
@Bruce I had a battery go bad with my 5s at the beginning of summer. Replacing it took care of the problem. My symptoms were as follows. I would start a phone call with 80% battery life, after 10 minutes or so I would get a 20% battery life indicator, after hanging up a few minutes later the battery would be below 10%. If I plugged the phone in to charge it, the battery indicator would immediately jump up to 30-40%.

Unfortunately I did this before apple issued a warranty replacement. Oh well. Hope that helps you diagnose.

spaz1868

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bend test with the Samsung Note:

Maybe in this case, plastic is superior to aluminum. Quality control is starting to slip with the apple HW and SW. I would say those who are on the fence may jump ship. I don't claim to be a fan of one over the other, just an avid electronics geek.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Bend test with the Samsung Note:

Maybe in this case, plastic is superior to aluminum. Quality control is starting to slip with the apple HW and SW. I would say those who are on the fence may jump ship. I don't claim to be a fan of one over the other, just an avid electronics geek.
Good to know that the Note 3 is that durable since I own one.:winkingthumbsup"

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Good to know that the Note 3 is that durable since I own one.:winkingthumbsup"
And the video suggests that the Note 3 plastic back is why it is more durable....but that is hogwash....the plastic back is thin and bends big time (I have the Note 3 back off to replace the battery on flights all the time). Its the main chassis that makes it durable. I suspect that the iPhone chassis is just slightly thinner and has a spot by those buttons that is weaker.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
iOS 8.0.2 has been released. I just installed it on my iPad and I can once again upload pics to JBN from my i devices. Woot Woot! All is good in the apple hood now... LOL

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok. I have faith and loaded the update. Here goes the pic upload test from safari.

Hmmmm.... APPLE!!!!! WTF??

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
image.jpg image.jpg I just uploaded this from my iPad with iOS 8.0.2:
image.jpg

Had to install .2 on my iPhone 5 through iTunes. Works great now.

Last edited:

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
FYI. This iphone6 lasted a whole 3 weeks. 1 foot fall on to the concrete = shattered screen. $200 replacement deductabe or $400 for a new screen. Expensive Opps!

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Used Apple pay for the first time tonight. Pretty slick. Quick and easy. Oh... And I have dropped this phone two more times. Cracked all over the place. Thinking I may not make a claim until I enevitably drop it in the pool or lake next season!

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I just upgraded my iMac to Yosemite, I love the fluidity between my iOS devices now. Very nice feature! As soon as life proof has a case for the 6, I will be upgrading to that as well. I have the 5 and some of the new features with 8.1 are not available on iPhone 5 unless you have a 5s...