• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

another plug question...

LandSharksMom

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Throwing this out there for any tips and tricks to getting this monster out? Got her stuck good this time. We've had some issues on water over weekend, first time removing grass out on the water. Got grass out and got back to ramp fine. boat wasn't 100 percent but slowly made it. tricky putting plug back in with the waves.. so think it was crocked.

how to get that black pin back to set to then hopefully get it out? how much prying is too much? If you remove screws, does that automatically mean that we need to get rebuild kit?

Thanks everyone.

plug.jpg

how to get that black pin back to set to then hopefully get it out? how much prying is too much? If you remove screws, does that automatically mean that we need to get rebuild kit?

Removing the screws does not mean - at all - that you will need a rebuild kit. These plugs seem far more friendly than past designs, but there seems to be methods to getting these stuck that aren't at all similar to older plugs, and oftentimes, the responses will be full of "tips" that relate to the old style plugs that aren't relevant to the new style.

This sounds like it'll help you in the route you'll need to take:

Thank you very much for point me in right direction!!

Have you tried pushing down while twisting to remove?

A 2 X 4 and a rope will work.

July 4th miracle! We got it.. Definitely overthinking the process to get the plug out. We were getting defeated nothing was working... And us being new and still learning we didn't want to break anything.. (and ruin the summer). Finally got the rope and tire beater out! Team effort pulling... popped right out. ahhhhhhh what a good feeling lol. Boating can resume schedule this week! Whoho..

Have a safe and great time out there this holiday week!

Thanks for all the help!!! again whohooo :)

rope.jpg

July 4th miracle! We got it.. Definitely overthinking the process to get the plug out. We were getting defeated nothing was working... And us being new and still learning we didn't want to break anything.. (and ruin the summer). Finally got the rope and tire beater out! Team effort pulling... popped right out. ahhhhhhh what a good feeling lol. Boating can resume schedule this week! Whoho..

View attachment 222915

Great news!

Have you tried spray all parts below the handle liberally with silicone spray? This makes the plugs very easy to install and remove, just keep the spray off the handle.

View attachment 222915
Nice work! Now that you have it out, do yourself a favor and 1) clean the clean-out area with soap and water to remove any sand and crap and 2) put pool lube on the rubber gasket and in the socket that the plug snugs into. I've done this a couple times a season and my plugs always come out easy AF. In fact, the only time I remove them is to discharge the water after we recover the boat at the ramp. Otherwise I store them in the locked position between boating. I do remove them in the off season.

Anything like this works great:

Great news!

Have you tried spray all parts below the handle liberally with silicone spray? This makes the plugs very easy to install and remove, just keep the spray off the handle.

Yah we have been doing it. and has extra on it now. lol I believe that it was just not completely set right due to having to clean out grass on the water. first time doing that... water wasn't that calm when putting plug back in. and trying to hurry. lessons learned! Thank you!

Right on…. I’ve done the same. I always grab the lower piece and turn the upper counter clockwise to make sure it is “set” in the correct position before installing it.

Slow is smooth,
Smooth is fast,
Bob Lee Swagger

Back