• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anybody done any island runs in a 21'-24' boat - like Ft. Lauderdale - Bimini or NC coast - NC Outbanks?

jdlev

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Leaning towards finding a good deal on a '14-'17 242 limited, and one of the main purposes is to do some multi-day adventures. Any good threads for prepping for such a trip and any JB floatillas ever organize a group trip?

Search Bimini in the search bar plenty of info there is even a group of forum members that go together annually

I have not been on any multi day trips yet. I was thinking about doing something like that this yr. I live in Chesapeake , Va. very close to the ICW. I have been down to Coinjock Marina (NC) and Morehead City. Thinking about doing an overnight trip to Manteo, NC. We'll see. Supposed to be renting a house in the Outer Banks this summer and taking the boat. The Sounds can be tricky with wind conditions. Good luck

I'd switch your search to 2016+. The 2015's and some later 2014 1.8's have had timing chain issues. Unless you're very handy, get a screaming deal, and swap the chains yourself I'd avoid the potential headache.

Leaning towards finding a good deal on a '14-'17 242 limited, and one of the main purposes is to do some multi-day adventures. Any good threads for prepping for such a trip and any JB floatillas ever organize a group trip?
Been to Bimini 4 times with my 2016 242X. Nothing like being on a beautiful island with your own boat to go explore, fish, snorkel etc.

Go to the Desitinations forum and read the preparing for Bimini thread. Then go to the gatherings forum and read the Bimini planning threads there.

I'm not going this year for a few reasons, one of which is that Bimini Cove is battling amongst itself and the new common area owners (Ashplunde) are being total assholes. They closed the harbor and shut off water with no notice to owners....for....SIX MONTHS! Totally asshole move....very glad I never bought a unit there (was considering it at one point).

where did you leave from? Where was that boat ramp? in NC?

I left from Cedar Island, NC. There's ferry crossings at a few spots along the Pamlico Sound with boat ramps next to them. Swan Quarter was the other spot I was looking to cross the sound from and might go that route next time just to do something different. We were supposed to do this trip again next month, but cancelled our reservations for a different vacation.

Was a fun trip! Ocracoke isn't very big, but there's a decent amount of stuff to keep you busy and explore on and around the island. The biggest issue getting there is having good charts and tide to keep you away from shoals around the sound and island. But was pretty easy. Hope to go back again.

Back