• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anybody know what this is?

cruisepro2

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
The area in the picture that has the hose coming out the side. What is that entire brown boxy area for and where should that hose be going?

IMG_1524.JPG

Attachments

cruisepro2

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
What is the brown boxy thing the hose and all those other hoses are going in to?

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think that's where your propulsion pump fits on the outside of the boat.

The brown box is the fiberglass around it.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
yes the pump compartment of the hull

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Labeled it for you. What are you trying to do?

Do you have the hatch lid that covers that area? WIthout it there is a much greater risk of swamping the boat.

1644530139776.png

cruisepro2

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
That is so helpful!!! I really needed to know all this. So the hose that is not attached is for the hatch water to drain. Thanks very much for doing that.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Labeled it for you. What are you trying to do?

Do you have the hatch lid that covers that area? WIthout it there is a much greater risk of swamping the boat.

View attachment 170927
The only cable you didn't label is the bucket cable for Forward/neutral/reverse on the jet pump. What you listed as steering and shift, is just steering. The other hose is cooling line from the pump.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The loose hose goes to the center drain on this tray that should be covering and sealing that area.

The 6" clean out plug tube looks like it has been cut at an angle.

Water will splash over the stern of the boat so this area needs to be sealed.

Screen Shot 2022-02-10 at 5.27.27 PM.png

cruisepro2

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
That tray is missing and have been unable to find a replacement so I had someone make a panel to go between the hatch cover and the opening to try and seal it.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So you have the tray/cover labeled #1 in the picture above? It's important it be installed so you don't take excess water into the boat.

Edit: never mind you just answered.

Building something should work.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That tray is missing and have been unable to find a replacement so I had someone make a panel to go between the hatch cover and the opening to try and seal it.
I believe that part is the same on all 1998 to 2005 LS2000, LX210 and AR210 models. You might be able to find someone parting one out.

You want to seal that area and to maintain access to the clean out plugs.

Where did you acquire your LS2000? I was on a test drive of one that swamped in Arkansas. It was missing that panel. One of the cleanout port plugs blew out. Water that would have flowed out of that hatch, if the cover had been there, ran into the bilge instead.

cruisepro2

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
I believe that part is the same on all 1998 to 2005 LS2000, LX210 and AR210 models. You might be able to find someone parting one out.

You want to seal that area and to maintain access to the clean out plugs.

Where did you acquire your LS2000? I was on a test drive of one that swamped in Arkansas. It was missing that panel. One of the cleanout port plugs blew out. Water that would have flowed out of that hatch, if the cover had been there, ran into the bilge instead.
I am in Puerto Rico and I had a plug blow out which caused me to almost sink and it was during that crisis that the hatch came out and sank in the ocean.

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
your also missing the rubber seal and cap off the port shifter cable ...

Brad_Ct

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That drain line looks big for the clean out tray drain, looks more like the deck drain to me. And the thru hull fitting is located in the same area as the one in my Exciter was.

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
that is the drain for the cleanout plug tray and it needs to be sealed very well as noted above... in trailing seas or coming down off plane quickly without trim tabs that area will be awash and and you will take on water..

also that plywood brace is poorly designed and if you use your boat hard it will shatter and allow the boat to crack between the jet tunnels...
I have redesigned the brace, made a template and replaced it on my boat after it shattered and am contemplating a new composite design to replace it again after the MR-1 repower...

attachment - 2022-02-11T091127.228.jpg

cruisepro2

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LS
Boat Length
The one that I did not label.
This forum is outstanding and the willingness of people to help is impressive. Thanks to all for taking the time to offer your advice.