• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone Not boating because it’s too hot?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Maybe I am just being a baby but it is just too brutal out there to go boating. Right now it’s 11am and UV index is 10/10, 65% humidity, feels like is 102 degrees. I am sunburnt and drenched in sweat by the time I could even get the boat ready. Water is in the mid-90s….and a gusty 4mph wind. I’d rather just sit in the AC lol. It’s been like this for the past two months, minus a few overcast days.

Guess I am the only one that feels that way ?

7A69B2C6-D371-4A10-BFA8-435A8BA7E8F9.jpeg

We have taken a few days on and off here and there, but we are lucky to be able to drop in the water in 5 minutes and head out. Allows us to get out early or late in the day when it is cooler. But I hear you - 67 days above 100 degrees already this summer, and it is going to be that way again today!

Guess I am the only one that feels that way ?

View attachment 186102
No, you're not. I stated this in another post somewhere, as it gets too hot and it's just not enjoyable. We love going out to eat; leave around 5 and come back around 10. Typically the afternoon storms and wind start fading to a peaceful ride back. Actually thinking about heading out to Pine Island and then Apollo Beach for dinner. We'll see; depends on how hot it is. :winkingthumbsup"

With the advantage of being able to boat year round, if I lived in Florida, I think I would pick and choose my boating days in the Summer months. Even worse that being out on a hot day is dealing with all the other boaters on a hot day!

Jim

I know I'm waiting for cooler temps to even think about boating. It's just too damn hot here in Texas.

Nope, out now…Ask me again in February.

D763D396-D54F-4AC6-B514-38940D2A814D.jpeg

Last edited:
Same here, starting July time frame we don't go out as often. Around the 1st of August the jellyfish are too bad around here to even jump in and cool off. late September starts the serious fishing season.

If its going to be hot out I just make sure to leave early and get out on the water… if it gets too hot during the day I jump in the water for a while and that cools things right off.. air temp 95*, water temp 75*.

The warmest I’ve seen any of the lakes here has been 80*…. So I‘ll Take those 100* days at the lake!

Last edited:
Im getting ready to pull the trigger on the parts to install misters.

We've found on the stupid hot days we find deeper water where it's cooler. We have some lakes that are pretty shallow, and muddy. Those lakes get into the mid 90s for water temp. That's just disgusting. This year when it was really hot we just stayed out of coves and floated on the main lake. Best thing about it is you're in the widest part of the lake so people won't boat right on top of you. Was actually much smoother out there than in a cove where people are forced to do water sports right by you. So you're constantly being tossed about.

nope water was 92 been out every afternoon and evening.... better now with the wind from the east...

I love the hot weather and I never complained when I was staying in Rio de Janeiro and it was 90F+ every day. The summer has been good here in Long Island and I'm enjoying it. But the hot weather has been stirring up a lot of afternoon wind that makes it difficult to enjoy the paddleboards. The good thing is that the temperature settles to a perfect temperature at night so I prefer to go out then. The water is calm, less people, more privacy, and a perfect temperature. It's beautiful to be there with the tranquility and I was lucky to see a shooting star on Saturday.

With our short boating season, its hard to turn down good boat days, but if the heat index is 100+ with no wind, we don't go. I'm okay on the boat, but damn near having a heat stroke by the time its on the trailer.

Haven’t NOT boated but we did cancel a trip that was going to be 110 degrees and hit a mountain lake where it was ONLY 95. The wind feels like someone is holding a hairdryer close to your skin.

Last week we had two or three 105 degree days so didn’t think about boating on those days. Everyone has different tolerance levels though we had guests over on Sunday and it was only 92 out, they didn’t want to go boating because it was to hot out.

One nice thing about living on or near the water is that I don’t feel compelled to go boating at any specific time or day. For instance to be on the water by 10 I have to get on the road by 8. Now if it’s over 100 I either wait or don’t go at all.

Last edited:
I was just talking to my wife about this... dropped the boat off last Tuesday for some warranty work. Never got a call to come get it and was like I am not even mad.... It's been brutal out at the beach. I think fall is the best time to boat in Florida, Air Temps start to drop at bit but Water Temps stay high! I really don't stop boating every weekend until December, I do the Christmas boat parade then park the boat until a warm day in Jan / Feb here and there and don't start picking back up till March. Once in a while I will put the boat in on Christmas Day, because why not its Florida!

Monsoon season here in Arizona makes boating a bit "testy" but once underway it gets better. The microbursts of rain are our biggest hinderance during summer.

Back