• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Anyone tried the Lucky 13 Perfomance Adjustable Pump Cone in a boat?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski how big of a deal is it to swap out spacers to tune the cone? Can it be done while on the water or do you need to pull the boat out on the trailer?

The only time I get cavitation is if I'm loaded down with ballast and/or lots of people.
Right, and that is kind of when it matters, doesn't it!

With an OEM venturi nozzle (not bored out), it was a tight fit for my hand. But I managed.

So..., if you can get your hand into it (from behind, with the bucket up), changing spacers will take NO TIME. One Allen bolt, that is it. Can be done on the lift or trailer, the challenge is NOT TO drop anything in the water (I have... and it was awful).

If you can not fit your hand through that venturi opening, you will need to pull the nozzle off. I have done it many times, sometimes in the dark, takes 10-15 min but you need the boat out of the water and on a trailer.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
With my boating season ending I'm starting to develop my off season mods list and am wondering if it includes a pair of luck 13 cones or jet vators. I don't have any cavitation problems now and acceleration is good with after market custom pitched impellers. Will new cones improve acceleration even more and Will I be able to counter the 1 to 2 mph loss in speed by tuning with various sizes spacers? I don't want to remove and have the impellers repitched nor bore out the nozzles. Looking for bolt on performance.

FYI I like the price of the jet o vators and that it is self adjusting but don't mind spending a little more on the l13s if they are more reliable/stronger. They less I have to maintain/check/worry about the better.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am not familiar with jetovator cones, I am curious. They do make dual impellers and the whole pumps, but those are geared for fly boarding, I think.

With L13, if you do not have any cavitation to start with I would say save $600. You would still get some benefits, but it is not plug and play. It does require adjustments and usually some tweaking of either the trailing edge pitch or venturi nozzle, or both. I my experience, small pitch adjustments of the OEM impellers are fairly easy (trailing edges only) while Solas are hard-er.

But it is fun, and you would get small gains. But is it worth it? I guess it totally depends on how you use your boat.

--

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@swatski , thanks. Based on your feedback I'm probably going to pass on the l13.

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well I installed a pair of stock impellers and did some light testing with no rings compared to 3 rings. water was 60°, I was ablessed to lay on swim deck and reach/change washers with one hand. was only top speed runs, on a windy choppy day. will need to start more next year with surfing weight. I personally care more about cavities then top speed.

Also note, my top speed will be lower due to having my steering nozzles modified and angled down for less jet spray.

Thinking of trying ribbon delete to get get a few hundred more rpms.

Attachments

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
What did you think about the effects the cone had off the line? Did you notice a difference in acceleration?
Well I installed a pair of stock impellers and did some light testing with no rings compared to 3 rings. water was 60°, I was ablessed to lay on swim deck and reach/change washers with one hand. was only top speed runs, on a windy choppy day. will need to start more next year with surfing weight. I personally care more about cavities then top speed.

Also note, my top speed will be lower due to having my steering nozzles modified and angled down for less jet spray.

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@d_coyne1984
Hard to tell about acceleration. Boat has always had great acceleration (except when cavitating). I have had solas impellers in the boat for a few years, and switching back to stock, am not noticing much difference. In the spring when filled with ballast for surfing will be the real test for cavitation.

With the comes and Solas impellers, when doing full speed runs, I was at about 7100 rpms. for comparison.

I am 90% confident I will not have cavitation problems for surfing. using the stock impellers and lucky cones.

There are some aftermarket fixed cones (riva) which are slightly angled like the lucky cones, but I think a medium size ( meaning larger than stock but smaller than lucky cones) which may work well for our boats. but some one would need to test to verify.

Attachments

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

I can't believe you are still running with the chockers! I already did mine, w/solid 150-200rpm gains (up to the rev limiter). Even put the Riva rings in this time! I doubt those do anything, but it was only $80 for two from @JetBoatPilot
I also removed the snorkels from filter boxes.

I'll post pics if anyone wants it.

I'm actually contemplating a l13 install on my port pump, but am still kind of figuring out this new boat.

--

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@dan144k , is 7100 rpm normal for you? I think we have the same engines but I max out at around 7700 rpm and hadn't noticed any Change since moving to Solas impellers. However, I boat primarily at sealevel, not sure about you.

dan144k

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Ronnie
I at sea level also. I was running about 7600 with custom pitched solas and stock cones.

When I installed the lucky cones with the solas, my rpms dropped to 7100.

The custom pitched solas use to hit 48/50 mph when I had the stock steering noozles. once I installed the offset (downward) nozzles, I dropped a few mph's

I started using the lucky cones to reduce ballast filled cavitation, and it worked great to solve the cavitation, but it lowered my rpms to 7100 at full throttle. then I had the problem of the broken blade on the solas. so now I am back to stock impellers with lucky cones, but being late in season was unable to test for cavitation while surfing with ballast.

Also, when I started to use solas, I used a pair off the shelf, which caused me about 7300 rpms and about 45mph speed. Sent those solas impellers to impros and they repitched, when I got back boat would do 50mph at 7800 rpms but port had cavitation at times, so impros repitched again, solved the cavitation but my top speed was 48mph.

I know it is all confusing. hope the information helps someone.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Ronnie
I at sea level also. I was running about 7600 with custom pitched solas and stock cones.

When I installed the lucky cones with the solas, my rpms dropped to 7100.

The custom pitched solas use to hit 48/50 mph when I had the stock steering noozles. once I installed the offset (downward) nozzles, I dropped a few mph's

I started using the lucky cones to reduce ballast filled cavitation, and it worked great to solve the cavitation, but it lowered my rpms to 7100 at full throttle. then I had the problem of the broken blade on the solas. so now I am back to stock impellers with lucky cones, but being late in season was unable to test for cavitation while surfing with ballast.

Also, when I started to use solas, I used a pair off the shelf, which caused me about 7300 rpms and about 45mph speed. Sent those solas impellers to impros and they repitched, when I got back boat would do 50mph at 7800 rpms but port had cavitation at times, so impros repitched again, solved the cavitation but my top speed was 48mph.

I know it is all confusing. hope the information helps someone.
I have learned two things about the L13 cone.
One is that -- when everything is dialed in (cone spacers/impeller/venturi nozzle) -- it will stop cavitation completely, to the point of stuffing the pump.
The other is that it takes a lot of work and tweaking to dial it in.

It is an AWESOME feeling when there is no cavitation -- you throw the throttles in WOT and there is NO slippage. I had it in my 190, I don't have it now. But it is a lot less aggravating to me with the twin, as there is still enough thrust.

AboveTheBest

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I ordered one of these and am expecting it next week! Thanks for all the advice/help @swatski :)

Hopefully the extra low end torque will pay off during my first ski of the season, which I anticipate being pretty cold.

gwevers

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Just read through this entire thread. I believe the fundamental topic as related to this whole "cone" discussion, is nothing other than the larger, after-market or non-stock 'cone' creating increased water pressure around our jet-ski or boat's impeller(s). Maybe I missed something and someone already pointed this out.

If you've ever spoken to any US Navy submarine folks, or read up on sub history & development, one related issue (to this thread) that comes up, is emitted noise from cavitation of the submarine propeller. Please bear with me.

Emitting more noise in a sub, makes you much easier to detect / puts you in danger. Scientists / engineers / naval architects, etc. who work on subs or sub designs, go to great pains to minimize noise in general, and noise from propellers in particular. Props that cavitate are VERY noisy. Cavitation in a sub prop must be avoided as much as possible.

So,

- Cavitation in submarine prop is NOISY => a big no-no

- A given sub prop can turn more RPM's (and the sub can go faster) WITHOUT hitting the threshold of prop cavitation when the sub is moving at DEEPER depths. Why ? DEEPER depths = INCREASED WATER PRESSURE. Increasing water pressure around the prop reduces the tendency for the prop to cavitate. Likewise, if the sub moves to shallower depth, with lower water pressure, the crew must be mindful of the fact that, the prop will begin to cavitate at LOWER RPM's than it otherwise would, when running at deeper depths with higher water pressure.

- The instant our boat impeller(s) spin up, the bigger or after-market cone(s) placed at jet pump output(s), 'RESTRICT', to some degree, the outflow of water from the pump, meaning the water pressure around the impeller will rise faster after impeller starts spinning up, & the 'steady-state' pressure around the impeller, once it has spun up, would be higher than it otherwise would, without the bigger cone.

This tends to reduce cavitation.

Of course, there is 'no free lunch': restrict water flow TOO MUCH or in the wrong way, and you get more 'losses' to overall pump efficiency. This explains why there is so much back-and-forth with tuning i.e. spending a lot of time and effort tuning and optimizing the spacers to make the cone occupy or displace a 'bigger or smaller' volume, changing impeller pitch, jet pump output diameter, etc. with trying to balance or straddle reduction of cavitation, while maintaining top speed.

- Even WITHOUT any 'cone' present other than the stock one, other people who have posted on these pages, as well as people with lots of experience with this stuff (i.e. company called "Group K" in Arizona), have commented about how different impellers affect cavitation. For example, Group K has a posting, wherein, from their work with some types of Yamaha 2-stroke jet boats, they found that the SOLAS "Concord" or Skat-Trak "Swirl" impellers generally cavitate less than the stock impeller does. So just the impeller choice alone - without changing the 'cone' setup - can have a big impact on cavitation. See this link, and scroll down to "About impeller choices". http://www.groupk.com/yjetboat.htm

- The submarine propeller people go to extreme lengths, and spend a lot of money, to tweak and refine their prop designs to minimize noise, including minimizing cavitation noise. What exactly works best are closely guarded secrets. In the 1980's, the Soviets were able to surreptitiously buy very sophisticated metal-milling machines they did not have 'in house', from Norwegian firm Kongsberg / Japanese firm Toshiba - with these machines later used by the Soviets to more precisely shape sub propellers so as to minimize noise / cavitation. In short order, The West / NATO were not happy to find out that Soviet subs had suddenly become much quieter and harder to detect.

Analogy: "Stock" versus Solas versus Skat-Trak impellers - they are all slightly different with different blade shapes, different blade areas, different surface finishes, and they behave differently, including how and when they will begin to cavitate.

" The consequences for international security and US-Japan relations must also be considered. In pursuing just $17 million and $10.4 million worth of business, respectively, it has been alleged that Toshiba Machine and Kongsberg caused somewhere between $1 billion and $100 billion (1980s prices) worth of damage to the US Navy. The sale was alleged to have made Soviet submarines twenty-fold quieter and much more difficult to track in a very short space of time. The actual cost of the damage to western interests is difficult to determine. In terms of US-Japan relations, the actions of these companies put the relationship of the two allies under serious strain. "

Anyway, in relative terms, we with our jet boats or skis are just barely scratching the surface of all of these topics. You have a lot of Physics / Fluid Dynamics stuff going on here, people. ( OK, Fluid Dynamics in a 'non-compressible fluid' ).

We have neither the expertise nor the resources that the US Navy has.

For me, running a 2006 Yamaha SX-210 at 6300 foot elevation? My boat is very under-powered (due to altitude, it's just fine at sea-level) and I would be happy with any reasonably-priced 'bolt-on' improvement I can get, to get better 'hole shot' and top speed. $600 or so for a pair of 'cones' for my twin-engine boat might be worth looking at, but given that price tag, not before I get totally squared-away on the impellers. (And after squaring away the impeller choices / pitches etc., if I added a cone, would certainly not want to have to go back and re-pitch the impeller(s) again after addition of the cone(s), nor would I want to grind out metal from the jet outlet pipes to get another millimeter or two of effective outlet pump cross-sectional area --- just too much work and hassle - would be better off just using fewer 'spacers' on the cone discussed here, to have less restriction of jet pump water flow, and less reduction of engine RPM......rather than grinding metal......)

Steps to take ?

A) Re-pitched stock impellers

B) after-market impellers ('standard' pitch as they come, or re-pitched)

C)"cones" like those discussed in this thread,

D) better air intakes to the engines, or other relatively simple engine mods to buy back a little horsepower ?

E) Cleanup of pump intakes, including proper sealing, 'smoothing' of non-ideal bumps, cracks or steps to water flow path?

Any other suggestions ? And what's lowest-cost way to get improvement(s)?

QUESTION: does anyone know, what the Power Output vs RPM curve looks like, for the 'budget' engines used on the SX-210? Factory says, these are 1052cc MR-1's, but mine (like all SX-210's) have choked-off air intakes, with only 110 hp rating (at sea level). Asking the question in a different way - as long as we stay below the RPM limit set by the engine's Rev Limiter (have no idea what the limiter is set to), is there any advantage in terms of increased engine output power by running up at 8500 RPM, instead of 7800 RPM? Or is there nothing to be gained by running the RPM's slightly higher?

So, for my first step, A), re-pitched 'stock' impellers, back in 2007, when the boat was pretty new and I was disappointed with the 6300 foot elevation performance of the boat, talked to Yamaha Customer Service (they were helpful):

1) Yamaha offered to pay the LABOR ONLY cost of having the 'stock' Yamaha impellers re-pitched by Group K in Arizona

2) Per Yamaha, I had to purchase (out of my own pocket) a NEW set of stock impellers and have them shipped to Group K (so I have two sets of 'stock' impellers, one original, the second 'new' set, now on the boat, were re-pitched prior to install by Group K)

3) the guy at Group K ( named 'Gerhard') nearly hit a 'bulls-eye". (By the way, I have no relationship to, or financial benefit from, Group K). He said, that he was targeting 7800 RPM for the re-pitch. Have a look at the attached photo of my tachometers:

a) ORIGINAL configuration, stock impellers, 6300 foot elevation, wide-open throttle: could only hit ~ 7000 RPM each engine, ~ 34 mph top speed

b) Photo: with Re-Pitched impellers, re-pitched by Group K: Port 7900 RPM Starboard 7700 RPM Speed 36 mph - so improvement to both 'hole shot' AND top speed

These re-pitched stock impellers are now > 12 years of age. Got a few nicks and pits on them. About time to replace them.

So, for Option B), after-market impeller(s):

I am going to try out a SOLAS Concord impeller on ONE engine to see what sort of improvements (if any) are to be had. I picked the YF-CD-11/14 Concord (lowest, least pitch I could find) for the STARBOARD engine, as the starboard engine has to 'work harder' than the port, due to combination of direction of rotation of impellers with how water flows across bottom of boat on starboard side.

If this gives an improvement, with 'improvement' being less cavitation at take-off, slightly higher full-throttle RPM, etc., , then will get another Solas Concord for Port side, but with Port side impeller pitched the next 'steeper' option I can find (YF-CD-13/20), as port engine "works less" than the starboard for reasons just described (impeller rotation, water flow direction on port side boat bottom).

If however the first Concord on Starboard side does not show any significant improvement over the re-pitched 'stock' unit, will then just get my 2nd set of 'stock' impellers re-pitched and put these back on. (Yes, I might need to also try a re-pitch on the Solas before giving up on it...)

Thanks for your patience in reading a long post.

I want a new Yamaha boat with more power but right now don't have the bucks for it - so will try to 'tweak' what I have.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So.......Helluva 5th post there @gwevers ......Here's a few things as I understand them. I have a stock impeller, with a sealed pump housing and L13 cone on my 155mm pump behind a single normally aspirated 1.8L. I'm also a research and development engineer, and have some text books here I've been combing through in some side research on this same topic.

The cone doesn't just increase pressure. Any number of things could do that including a block off plate. The cone creates it's pressure increase in a very specfic manner in that it maintains a more consistent reduction in volume within the nozzle. Nozzles in general work on the premise of constant flow rate. gallons per hour in = gallons per hour out. The reduction in flow area increases the velocity. The increase in velocity produces a force, which is resisted by the nozzle mounting and transferred into the boat. This force reaction is why the pumps still drive the boat even when they are completely out of the water. Like you stated above, there are some complex fluid dynamics equations that drive this behavior in a non-compressible fluid. So to say that it simply increases pressure isn't completely accurate, it increases pressure in a very specific and meaningful way.

Now, that pressure is in fact key to preventing cavitation. Cavitation is the entrainment of air within the flow stream of a pump. This air can come from a number of places. The easiest to spot and fix is simple leakage. Pump sealing prevents this, and is easy enough to do. The second (and harder to correct) source is a pressure differential. This is caused from either the pump spinning faster than it can intake fluid, or having a low OVERALL pressure (as in your submarine example). Since these jetboats work at the surface of the water, the OVERALL pressure on the pump blades is very low to begin with. This leads to the pitch of the blades being the culprit in creating cavitation. They can literally move water away from itself fast enough that the pressure on the back side of the blade drops low enough to physically boil the water, without increasing the temperature (remember, boiling point of water is just as dependent on pressure as it is temperature). SO spinning a prop too fast with too aggressive of a pitch will literally boil the water just behind the leading edge of the blades, and lead to air entertainment within the pump. Since we can't operate the pump at depth, we have to find another way to artificially increase the pressure to prevent entertainment.....enter proper pitching and a nozzle.

Another component that nobody really talks about, but is a good reason that cavitation goes away at speed is called Net Positive Suction Head. NPSH for short. All pumps have a value for this. This is the MINIMUM pressure that a pump will begin to flow a liquid. Positive displacement pumps and diagphtam pumps have very very low NPSH, and can actually run negative (pull water "up" from below). Our axial flow centrifugal pumps have a moderate to high NPSH, so they require some water to be there before they can begin the flow process. The fun part of this, is that our NPSH changes in a jet boat. Surface speed and intake shape will directly affect NPSH. When attempting a heavily loaded start, from a dead stop, it's very possible that we are teetering on the edge of not having enough pressure at the inlet of the pump (NPSH), and this will lead to cavitation forming early because it lowers the OVERALL pressure on the pump, making the water in there easier to boil and so on and so forth.

Where the rubber meets the road in our application is the complete system tuning and setup. In your case, you're at altitude and have less power available to spin the props, as well as less OVERALL pressure on the pump (by a small margin, but less). This lower overall pressure means cavitation is likely to happen sooner and easier, and with less power available overall you can't really "push through" the cavitation (assuming it's not bad enough to prevent planing) to get to the high water inlet speed that will allow your pump to again regain optimal flow. For you, you're on the right track. You've already repitched the impellers to get your RPM in a window close to optimal at WOT. Now, adding the L13 cone will allow you to tune the pump loading to eliminate cavitation during launch. With diligent tuning of the cone, and nozzle bore I would expect that you should see an elimination of cavitation, and possibly a few more mph.......Overall though, I think you are looking at diminishing returns at this point. What you have is a well running boat that is already performing well. The cone and nozzle mods might not get you much more.

TL;DR....Lots of things impact pump and nozzle performance. You already have a good running boat. Any mods you make now are just going to be icing on the cake IMO.

*edit some days later after I proofread for spelling and word choice*

Last edited:

gwevers

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@gwevers
I don’t have any first hand MR1 experience in modifying impellers and pump, but I’ve done a lot of testing on 190 which is a 1.8 single and my current twin 1.8.

I would be shocked if you could do better than what the guys from group K did for you! That’s actually quite incredible result especially given non-HO MR1.

In 1.8 I have consistently found that the L13s work well with OEM impellers but not so much with after market impellers. Different from mr1 shaft though.

If you want to improve overall performance and the top speed, not specifically hole shot, I would think the L13s may not be worth effort and expense.

I could be wrong though.

In my twin 240 the effects of L13 are not as apparent as those are in the 190s. But I can now run on plane at 35mph on a single engine! Lol.

gwevers

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@gwevers
I don’t have any first hand MR1 experience in modifying impellers and pump, but I’ve done a lot of testing on 190 which is a 1.8 single and my current twin 1.8.

I would be shocked if you could do better than what the guys from group K did for you! That’s actually quite incredible result especially given non-HO MR1.

In 1.8 I have consistently found that the L13s work well with OEM impellers but not so much with after market impellers. Different from mr1 shaft though.

If you want to improve overall performance and the top speed, not specifically hole shot, I would think the L13s may not be worth effort and expense.

I could be wrong though.

In my twin 240 the effects of L13 are not as apparent as those are in the 190s. But I can now run on plane at 35mph on a single engine! Lol.

Ok thank you

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I wanted to circle back on this post with some more results from this weekend. I couldn't decide which thread to put this in, as we have about 10 threads on this cone now........It's a popular mod, I get it. Makes finding info a little difficult though.

Anywho, I spent about 2.5hrs and 1/2 tank of fuel with an extremely heavy load, and pulling people up from deep water starts on the wake skate Saturday evening. I had (2) 200lb adults, and (6) 16-18yr old 120lb teenagers aboard. Figure about 1,120lbs in persons. Then two decent sized coolers (my underseat cooler, and food cooler, plus an additional medium sized coleman), so maybe another 200lbs in water/ice/drinks. I took NOTHING out of the boat before hand so I still had a tube, anchor, bouys, all the "normal" gear on the boat. Maybe another 200lbs of "stuff" on there. I was easily sneaking up on the 1,800lbs "limit" of the boat. Had a tube tied on the port rear cleat as well since we were tubing for about 30 minutes before they wanted to try the board. Typically had two in the bow, 4 in the cockpit, and the two "adults" in the cockpit. One driving, the other on the stern port/rear corner.

From a dead stop I would allow the rider to get the rope in hand, board set, and ready to go, then would bump the throttle to ~2.5-3k to get some pressure on the tow line. When ready it was a fast, progressive move to WOT. Once speed was reached you had to QUICKLY and accurately pull back to desired speed. It was VERY easy to overshoot the target speed and it was climbing FAST. Accidentally hit 28mph once when I was getting the feel for how fast/far to pull the throttle back.

NOW, I wouldn't say the boat "jumped" on plane, but it didn't cavitate even a little. The revs would surge to around 7,500 or so, then settle back around 7,200 once the pump loaded (1/2 second from spin to load, if that). You could hear the "free-rev" then load, once loaded it just pulled and pulled and pulled. Boarders popped up and were standing before the initial white wash from the jet, and had no problem standing up as the boat accelerated to speed. I kept the speed around 18-20mph, targeting 19mph, That was in the 6200-6400rpm range. Maintaining a smooth speed is an art form in and of itself and a topic for discussion later (that is read, OMG I need cruise control so bad).

Because there was so little cavitation I checked the pump sealing I did two seasons ago when I got home. It appears that something like 95% of it is still in there. I couldn't visually find any missing, but I didn't do an extensive inspection. It looks REALLY similar to what it did when I finished it a few years ago. Here's the thread with my pump sealing pictures.

The moral of the story here, in my opinion, is debunking any kind of myth or thought that a single 1.8L is under powered for riding the wakeskate. There was enough power that those with a weaker hand grip strength had the rope pulled from their hands several times and I had to slow down the power application. I think it also shows the capability of a decent impeller, pump seal, and the L13 cone. Aside from no cruise control, I was pleased with our little 190. The kids had a great time, I enjoyed teaching and using the boat for something other than a floating dock, and overall it was a good experience.