• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Audio Issues With An Amp

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Whatdowegot?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I agree with @txav8r you may well only be able to use 1 set of RCAs. Also, you shouldn't need to disconnect anything. Just switch the mode switch to 2 and confirm it is all working. If it is....then remove the extra RCAs.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
The trick now, adjust the filter levels. Basically, you want to prevent anything over 80-120hz from hitting your coaxials, and let the sub handle it. The trick is, is it 80, 90,100, 110, or 120hz that you filter out to the coaxials and below? Tuning isn't my specialty.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sorry - was away from the thread for a while. The boat is covered up. I think I will be getting into the boat on Friday. So, at this point, I haven't tried what you guys are talking about.

Mel, I am no expert on audio stuff either. However, I do have the high pass and the low pass filters on correctly - at least I think they are! Right now, the 4 cockpit speakers don't produce the bass because they have the high pass filter on them. All of the bass is going to the sub which has the low pass filter on.

This won't take me but a minute or so to test. I just have to get into the boat. I thought someone might know for certain off hand. But, I will get it all tested this week.

I will say though, that adding that amp, the Wetsounds cockpit speakers and sub was one of the best mods I have done. My listening pleasure has been greatly increased!

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@txav8r @Julian - Well my problem is no longer existent! I switched the amp from 5 channel to 4 channel, and with the two RCA leads, it worked fine. I swear I hooked it up that way to begin with and it didn't work. But, all that matters now is that it does work! No more worrying about that mess of wires to split the audio. Good and clean now!

Thank you guys!

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
And now I can rock on - even - without having to worry about fading controlling bass, etc!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Glad you got it going!

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Me too!

Now to enjoy them - but to also think of adding a pair of mid-cabin speakers and a pair to the stern! Guess I will need another amp for that. Maybe another battery too.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Like Rosanna Rosanna Dana said, "it's always something"!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
My HU won't change from a single FM channel, won't shut down, and Yamaha had denied the claim. Phil Dill ran it up the flag pole after they changed the harness and stern remote without success at fixing it. They provided me with the customer service number and said yet got stuck with the replacement of those items without reimbursement.

So once again, stereo upgrade is pushed back because a stock HU on a new boat is worthless and Yamaha doesn't want to take care of it. I will call them, but that shouldn't have to be done.

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Not cool at all Mel. Luckily, I have had good luck with my stock HU in my '09.