• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

battery calculator

Reviving the dormant thread... where's the best place to source 6V high Amp Hour batteries to setup a rocking house setup? I'm pushing a JL 800/8 amp and I do have access to shore power for charging.

Costco Golf Cart batteries will the do the trick. I had 3 pairs for a total of 6 in my 2013 212SS and it lasted all day. I'm going a different route with my 2019 242SE with 4 Group 31 XS D3100 for the sound system (Amazon.com: XS-Power-D3100: Automotive)

Yes for sound systems on boat it don't get much better than 6v golf cart batteries. The ability to discharge them and re charge has no match. I run 6 (6v) batteries in my system and I can play for about 2 days. And I have lots of equipment too. Budget plays a big role too.

Yes for sound systems on boat it don't get much better than 6v golf cart batteries. The ability to discharge them and re charge has no match. I run 6 (6v) batteries in my system and I can play for about 2 days. And I have lots of equipment too. Budget plays a big role too.

I agree... My budget for this build is a little higher than my previous. Figured I'd go with the XS AGM's. If they don't play out, I'll fall back on the 6volts.

Oh I see. No worries. Please keep us posted in how those AGM work out compared to the 6v. With ever changing technology you never know when the 12v out performs the 6v batteries.

So old post but great info. We had one start batt and three group31 in the last boat (18' 242x). Well now with the new 255xd and two start batteries that's just not going to cut it. Also there is ZERO room under the seats. I have my eye on four group 27 6v AGM 225ah max current 2000a @ 5sec. My plan is to either re-orientate the air cleaner box or do a cone filter on both motors. There is just enough room next to the motors. I will need to make two battery trays. It will be nice to have the weight down low.

Last edited:
Back