• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Best towable tube in your opinion

Raphael

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I ditched my tube from last year because it had too many nozzels to fill I think there was 5 or 6 and the two under the seats were impossible to reach and close before the air escaped. I haven't decided which one I will get for this season but the Poparazzi looks fun.

Detonate

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I ditched my tube from last year because it had too many nozzels to fill I think there was 5 or 6 and the two under the seats were impossible to reach and close before the air escaped. I haven't decided which one I will get for this season but the Poparazzi looks fun.
Totally with you there!! I want something, maybe a 2 seater or something, but about 1/2 the size of the 3 seater I have.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hi ! The PAPARAZZI is incredible. it has 2 drawbacks, albeit ones not insurmountable: A) Costly. Possibly the costliest of the SportStuff's. ... and B) SIZE. It is HUGE. However, the FUN FACTOR is why it gathers all of the "votes." Again .......... If you can't get past these 2 items, the BIG MABLE will make a lot of both Kids, AND ADULTS< very happy ! Good Luck and Happy Boating to you, Mikey Lulejian

Norboo

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
West marine is having a sale on their brands. 30% off till tomorrow or Monday.

Quick Q.
Do you inflate and deflate your tubes on the water? How do you transport your tubes?

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
West marine is having a sale on their brands. 30% off till tomorrow or Monday.

Quick Q.
Do you inflate and deflate your tubes on the water? How do you transport your tubes?
Yes, inflate and deflate on the water. Super Mable is huge...bigger than I want to wrangle around.

Retired37

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
#1 Paparazzi
#2 Orbit- not for the weak stomach especially when you have good spin going on.

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Old video when I had my LS2000 shows alot of tubes we still have. Broken shoulder at 4:14. Need to stay off the Hot Dog!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
IMHO the poparrzi is a pos and an expensive one at that. Here is my review of it on yjb which I originally post in September 2011.

""I have had this tube out several times already, on a scale of 1 to 5 I rate it a 4 from a rider perspective and a 3 from a drivers/towers perspective.
Pros are that it holds 3 riders, has lots of handles and a unique shape which allows riders to kneel, sit, stand and lay on it. It is also great as a lounger since the arch makes a great sun shade. Despite it's large size it takes little time to inflate and deflate.
Cons are that in the seated position the are are no back rests, it tends to roll and sit side ways once it gets unbalanced due to rider movement (which for me meant pulling the tube and riders in to the swim platform to reset everything), it is very hard to control with the boat once it gets side ways as well, the arch is not rigid so its usefulness as a steering tool and/or leaning mechanism is very limited. This thing is big and heavy, it takes up an entire under seat storage compartment in the cockpit and weighs 65 lbs dry.
Cost: List price is just under $400 but 25% off coupons are available online and basic shipping can be had for about $20.
Recommendation: This is a good tube for families/kids that don't want to go very fast or turn often or hard. If you are looking for a multi person towable that can handle more speed and turns but which is also comfortable for riders and is easier to control while towing, look elsewhere (e.g. The Connelly GT3 or 4)."

If you want a big 3 or four person tube at a great price check out what costco is pushing. This year it is a 3 person model, the last few year it was a 4 person tube. Every year it comes in a kit with at least a properly sized/gauged tow rope. This year the included an electric air pump as well for just $220. The return policy can't be best. I've returned, actually exchanged several, without a receipt or box and usually without the rope either. I got full store credit every time, no questions other than what is and about when did I buy it. Here are pics of what my local costco was pushing this year for $220.
image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
My vote is for the Super Mable. 3 person, convertible, lots of fun. Can be a great lounge on the hook and pulling it in chariot mode is a real work out and a lot of fun.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:

Retired37

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Raphael check SAMS club if you have one in your area or SAMS club on line. I purchased my Poparazzi from there like three years ago, paid 175.00 - 195.00. Still have it and the girls now young adults still enjoy it as do Momma and I.

Billtex2000

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Obrien Swift 2 Towable Inflatable Tube Large.jpg I just got this one in the mail! Will report back soon;)

dansshin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Some tubing photos....Airhead sit in tube....

Aero tube:

The monster Bandwagon 2+2
View attachment 2142
I just bought Bandwagon 2+2 for my family. Main reason was I thought it's something my kids and their friends could enjoy together and had various positions that you could use it in. But looking at your photo and feeling how heavy the box that came in it is I'm wondering how long it will take to inflate and deflate this thing? I didn't realize how heavy and big this thing was... I bought a tiny electric pump so I really hope this thing can do the job!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FE5PBA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s05

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I used this pump from Airhead and it takes about 4-5 minutes to inflate....perhaps less....I've not timed it. Yes it is BIG and HEAVY...thus why I call it the MONSTER. But my kids do love it. Your pump is only 10 liter/minute slower 290 vs 300, so it should be the same time....some are way more powerful. Always use the largest nozzle you can. I use the hose end itself and stick it in the hole without the boston valve in, then once I have it mostly full, then I pop in the boston valve and go for pressure.

dansshin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Julian Thank you for the tip. I'll keep that in mind. I guess 5 minutes for that "MONSTER" isn't too bad. Suspense of waiting for it to inflate to it's gigantic size will make it even more exciting for the kids, at least for the first time anyway. :)

daan gerritsen

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
Hey Guys,
I'm a product designer student from the Netherlands, and I'm doing some research about inflatables/towables with target audience.
I have a few questions for you which would be great if you answer them!:

What would you like to see in a towable?
Think of the following points:
-Riders capacity (1,2,3,4 or 5)
-Special features
-Shapes
-Multiple usage
-Accessories

If you have other points I didn't mention, or other things that are good for me to know please share it with me so I can keep it in mind while developing.

I Hope you can help me, and there might be a great new tube on the market in a few years!

Cheers,

Daan

Last edited:

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Funny you should ask. I just ordered a towable today. We've had the same one since 2010 but did replace the internal air bladder two years ago. With a major leak and some wear on the cover it was time for a new one. We went with the exact same model because it has been such a hit.

There are different answers to your questions. If I could I'd have more than one towable. It's a pretty crowded field. There are many styles on the market.

1) The one we have which is an Airhead G-Force. We like it because it is designed for 3 persons but we limit to two. It is low volume so quick to inflate with the 12V pump on the boat. It is flat and riders lay on it. Being flat it is easy to force it to slide across the surface of the water. It is also stable so does not tip over. The only negative is riders must lift up on the front of the tube as the boat starts to pull the tube or it will submerge.

This is the one we have and I still think it is the best.

2) A lot of riders enjoy a much less aggressive ride and like to ride sitting. I would like to have that style as well, perhaps a three person. I find this is the sort of thing teen aged girls like so they can laugh and be sociable while they ride.

These are two examples.

Retired37

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
A multi position tube is best; the option to sit, stand, lay is great.
SIZE: able to carry three - this give two riders more room so they are not bouncing on top of one another (keep the thoughts clean on this one folks)

I currently have four different tubes; two of which my girls have not used in the past two years (They are no longer fun to them):

The best they say is the "Popratizzi" they have the ability to stand, sit, lay or all of the above - two can lay one can stand, ect..
They also like the Orbit 3 - this one is different (Not for the weak stomachs) - this tube actually tows from the bottom and spins as it gets towed. There is a trick to get it to spin, all three riders have to actually kneel towards the center and then once it starts spinning they can reposition themselves to the sitting position. (We have made it spin with two riders as well) (Check youtube)
For a gentle ride us the Mable - this one can tow from both the front or back. From the front the riders can sit or lay. When towing from the back they need to kneel in order to see over the back rest (Again this is gentle riders towable).
As JDONALD said - the lay down tubes are great as well (You actually be more aggressive on those; if the riders want that thrill)

Good luck on your project.
NOTE: my daughters (four of them) have been tubung since age 8 -they are now 19 thru 23 - and they still love tubing (as a matter of fact - we will be on the water this weekend) (Sorry Northern folks)

Rob9550

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Any updates on new products that have come out since 2015? I got a small tube and the kids hate it. Daughter is 14 and didn't like the fact that her knees and feet hit the water. Also, anyone know of any discounts or sales? Thanks.

Retired37

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you have a SAMS CLUB near you they have the newest "WOW EAGLE" it is a three rider, it looks like the hotdog with wings; we just picked it up and will be giving it a try this weekend.

arew~SX230

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Got an airhead 3 man deck tube and rope for fifty percent off at Dicks last October. Gave it to the kids for xmass