• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Best way to store sunglasses on the boat?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
What are you all doing to keep your sunglasses organized on the boat so they don't get all scratched up or damaged?
I keep mine in the case they came in.

Acard7

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If I’m not wearing them they are usually in a plastic shoe organizer sleeve that’s attached to the inside of the port head compartment door.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Fair enough. We have quite a few pairs on the boa at any given time, I dunno who's they even are (three kids, with a forth that lives with us, a wife, myself, some friends, etc....).
My kids tried doing this as well. With storage on ANY boat seemingly at a premium, but mine in particular, if you aren't listed on the title, you do not have any storage space available for anything longer than the outing at hand, unless we will be hanging out over the weekend. After said weekend, pack yer shit, it's hard to miss you if you won't go away! 😄

You have problems that seem to be so exceedingly specific, I can't even wrap my head around them, but Plano or any other configurable lure storage should give some sort of starting point for you. If you really have an overwhelming amount of sunglasses, you could then use multiple Plano lure boxes, and stow 3-5 of them in one of their tackle box bags.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My 8 yo polarized RayBans do not have any special requirements for storage. They can be found on my head in a couple of locations or hanging around my neck. If it is a cloudy day on the boat, I will toss them on the table in the nav. station area that holds all kinds of tools and gear that can scratch them. They are 8 years old, dinged up, but the polarized lenses still work on the water. I still put them on before a couple of cheaper polarized sets I have bought when they were left at home. I will buy a brand new set one day and figure out a place to store them when not in use. Till then, Meh.

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
As one who has had melonoma in his eye and had to have eye surgery I strongly urge you all to wear your sunglasses all the time when boating even on cloudy days. I now wear mind out side just about all of the time.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
On my face or on my hat, lol.

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
They are either on my head or in the case that they came with - usually in my boating backpack. I never leave them sitting around but then again I don't have kids. :)

SmartAss

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Man... some of y'all are touchy and just wanna fight. Thanks to those that are helpful though!

Maybe... just maybe.... I thought of a better way. And those that have seen it.... love it. I haven't brought it to full production yet though.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Man... some of y'all are touchy and just wanna fight.
Reading words on a screen offers no real way to determine this, without adding your own bias towards the response, and how you choose to interpret it. Texting or writing is a poor substitute for talking with people so you can catch humor and/or inflection that will make it clearER.

Nobody who's chimed in would strike me as someone who was bent out of shape about this, which you'll come to find out yourself after you're here a little longer, but it's hard not to mess around with a self-proclaimed "smart ass".

It's not like you asked who has the best steering fins 🤣

WiskyDan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I live as Thornton Melon would…….

John McLaughlin

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Reading words on a screen offers no real way to determine this, without adding your own bias towards the response, and how you choose to interpret it. Texting or writing is a poor substitute for talking with people so you can catch humor and/or inflection that will make it clearER.
Oh so true'. I learnt this the hard way many many years ago when I wrote what I thought was a very bland email. However the recipient did not see it that way. I learned that it is not what you write it is how the receiver will interpret it and that is dependent on so many different factors.

SmartAss

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
There's really only one comment that crossed that line I suppose... and I agree, written communication can be tricky to properly interpret!

And yeah, I'm a Smart Ass... but not an Donkey-hole. There's a difference!

It's all good. Again, thanks to those that were helpful!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey @SmartAss, interesting way to spam.

We are happy for vendors to sell products here but prefer they are more direct about it. The best vendors offer discounts to forum members.