• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini Trip June 27th - July 2nd 2021

JagsFan

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Who do we talk to about getting the discounted slip state side? I’ve PM’d everyone I thought would help but haven’t gotten anything as far as a response.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Awesome. I won't worry about the fishing license then. Thank you, and thanks for the good advice.

We will have six crew in total., 2 onboard during crossings.

This trip is only scheduled for 7 days including crossing days (27June to 2 July). I would really like to stay longer, but being our first trip and having little open water experience, I will stay with the group both ways. We've got an SX210, so I'm hoping we do a little better that the 190's. We're a long time Army family, so our plan is quite detailed and we had already prepared to be efficient with meal and beverage planning to keep the boat as light as possible - hence the on-site fishing for a couple meals.
Tho who plan 6 months ahead of scheduled tent to be significantly better prepared than the average crosser. I am sure y’all will have fun and be fine, please don’t worry about rationing food.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Who do we talk to about getting the discounted slip state side? I’ve PM’d everyone I thought would help but haven’t gotten anything as far as a response.
@James R Whitten was kind enough to arrange the slip discount he has the form. I know I have several private messages on here I'm just so busy right now I have not had the time to address them hoping things slow down in the next two weeks. If any one messaged me about getting added to the roster I will get you added and if you have any general questions feel free to ask them in here there is a ton of knowledgeable people in this thread who will gladly answer any question you may have. Thanks!

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Don't know if you received it, but I sent you a message with it.

Summertime Fun

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Looking at 2022. Coming from Wisconsin, coming in the end of June til July 3. For a trip to Marathon and cruising the gulf to Key West.
hopefully we will be using our new boat a 275 SD. For this trip. Bimini excites us both. What cities is better to launch Ft. lauderdale or Miami.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Awesome. I won't worry about the fishing license then. Thank you, and thanks for the good advice.

We will have six crew in total., 2 onboard during crossings.

This trip is only scheduled for 7 days including crossing days (27June to 2 July). I would really like to stay longer, but being our first trip and having little open water experience, I will stay with the group both ways. We've got an SX210, so I'm hoping we do a little better that the 190's. We're a long time Army family, so our plan is quite detailed and we had already prepared to be efficient with meal and beverage planning to keep the boat as light as possible - hence the on-site fishing for a couple meals.
We are planning June 26th-July 2nd as we wanted to be there a little longer. We don't do the Bahia Mar overnight docking either, we just launch the morning of departure and stay in a nearby hotel with large parking lot. We will also adjust travel to match the weather....(accommodations permitting)

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We are planning June 26th-July 2nd as we wanted to be there a little longer. We don't do the Bahia Mar overnight docking either, we just launch the morning of departure and stay in a nearby hotel with large parking lot. We will also adjust travel to match the weather....(accommodations permitting)
Pretty much how we have handled it as well. Has worked out well so far.
The July 2019 trip got extended a couple of days extra in Bimini due to poor crossing weather forecasts for the return and needless to say, none of us were upset in the slightest. So there are worse things than a couple extra days in Bimini.

Last edited:

Kevin Sargent

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Please add me and Mark Hoell to this crossing group. Mark could not find a condo for the previous dates I posted. we cross 6/26 and return 7/3

Lee H

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@robert843 Count me in as well. @James R Whitten can you please send me the slip form?

Does anyone have suggestions on the best place to launch/truck parking in Fort Lauderdale?

Are there any other 19’ boats that will be crossing? I will be crossing in a 2019 AR195

Last edited:

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
@robert843 Count me in as well. @James R Whitten can you please send me the slip form?

Does anyone have suggestions on the best place to launch/truck parking in Fort Lauderdale? Its just easier for to drop the boat in the water and dock up at bahia mar than to haul the boat and trailer around town and find places to park.

Are there any other 19’ boats that will be crossing? I will be crossing in a 2019 AR195
I'll send you the form.

I plan on launching and leaving my truck at from harbor towne marina. Its just easier for me to drop it in their than to haul it all over town and try to find places to park.

Last edited:

ifly4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When i started a thread for last summer I had reached out to ParkFLL and had a group rate for $10/ni. Its right down the street from harbor town. Is anyone interested in me trying to get this again?

They also take reservations so no need to worry about not getting a spot.