• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini Trip June 27th - July 2nd 2021

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Men, I am excited. I can't wait for this trip. I missed the past two years. I don't care if I have to swim across with dead fish tied around my waist.... I am going.
Me too. This'll be the 4th year I've attempted it. Every year something happens where I can't go.

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
So, to further complicate things, we were originally wanting to stay a little longer and go 6/27-7/3 (assuming weather/COVID cooperated). With the second party going/returning a day later, would both parties be willing to have us travel with you guys for one leg? @robert843 on the way there and @Kevin Sargent coming back.

Edit: wrong tag

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
So, to further complicate things, we were originally wanting to stay a little longer and go 6/27-7/3 (assuming weather/COVID cooperated). With the second party going/returning a day later, would both parties be willing to have us travel with you guys for one leg? @robert843 on the way there and @Kevin Sargent coming back.

Edit: wrong tag
I wouldn't see that as being a problem.

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Hello, I'd like to make this trip June 27th. Does everyone meet the day before or the morning of the 27th?
Generally there'll be a captains meeting on the 26 where we'll decide groups and discuss other safety related stuff pertaining to the trip.

Rooster585

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hope the Covid deal doesn't screw you all up. Talk of 2 week quarantines coming and going…….maybe that wont apply to the Bahamas.
Keep your fingers crossed! Good luck all - sounds like a fun trip!

VaMarine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hope the Covid deal doesn't screw you all up. Talk of 2 week quarantines coming and going…….maybe that wont apply to the Bahamas.
Keep your fingers crossed! Good luck all - sounds like a fun trip!
Where are you getting this information from?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
As the article says...this stuff changes often....so what happens between now and June/July will unclear. It is also unclear just what enforcement power there is on this quarantine. For the most part, my family quarantines already!

Right now, the Bahamas only requires a negative covid test (no quarantine):

Kevin Sargent

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
As the article says...this stuff changes often....so what happens between now and June/July will unclear. It is also unclear just what enforcement power there is on this quarantine. For the most part, my family quarantines already!

I think the vaccination will help if you can get it

VaMarine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Thanks for the links, I have to follow this stuff for a living and had seen the recommendation, but hadn't had anyone declare it as a mandate. That's where my question was coming from.. while the administration may want people to Quarantine there is no way to actually enforce it.

Kevin Sargent

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Look, I don’t mean to be an ass; the folks on this form are planning for, and excited to make this trip. Don’t post negative Nancy shit and mess with the mood. We all know the risk of COVID’s possible interference with our plans. Let us have our moment. Start another form call not going to live my life due to the unknown, 2021 and beyond. This trip is 5 months away. I will start investigating the COVID rules June 7th. Everyone has that one friend that when something positive happens, you must be reminded of the negative what if’s...... oh wait, we usually leave those folks back at the dock.

this will be one of the best crossing ever. 1/2 foot seas, beautiful sky’s, no COVId interference, let’s get it on

VaMarine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
this will be one of the best crossing ever. 1/2 foot seas, beautiful sky’s, no COVId interference, let’s get it on
I'm all for ignoring the potential bad at the moment. But I'm not sure it's safe to be dreaming either.

Rooster585

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I did not say that this applied to the Bahamas.
Many countries require a two week quarantine and or testing prior to entering their country. My wife's co-worker had to go through this before entering Germany. She had to provide a double negative test. (2) One test came back as a "false negative". She then had to wait two weeks before taking another test, then was allowed to travel. After arriving in Germany, she had to self quarantine for 2 weeks in a Hotel before visiting family. What a nightmare!
There are also new CDC guidelines going into effect tomorrow for international travel. Will this apply for a boat trip to the Bahamas? Hell I don't know! And who know what's coming next - frikin moving target this Covid thing.
As much time and expense as some folks are putting into this trip, it would be wise to stay on top of the situation. Both U.S. and Bahama regulations.
The point being you never know what the Covid Nazi's are going to impose next. As much as was stated, I hope the best for everyone going.
Good luck everyone! Wish I was going.

Lee H

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Who does everyone have for boat insurance? I’m currently with progressive and they do not have coverage for travel to the Bahamas for boat less than 27 foot. I’ve called around and can not find an insurance company willing to cover it.