• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini Trip June 27th - July 2nd 2021

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
State Farm is the only one that we could find that covered that far outside of US waters without additional coverage. There are a lot out there that will cover that many miles out but when you read the fine print they say US waters only so even though the Bahamas are close enough, you won't be covered once you get there.

Kevin Sargent

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Who does everyone have for boat insurance? I’m currently with progressive and they do not have coverage for travel to the Bahamas for boat less than 27 foot. I’ve called around and can not find an insurance company willing to cover it.
I am with Foremost, a sister company to Farmers. Give them a call 800-237-2060

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was wondering about this. Do you think there’s a company out there that could provide something like trip insurance where one could purchase insurance for a week or something of the sort?

VaMarine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Just got off the phone with BoatUS (Geico) had to give them a bunch of information (number of vessels, size of vessels, size of Largest Vessel Travelling, Bluewater Experience, etc.) It had to go to their supervisor but they did say they would cover my boat (242LSE) going across in a Flotilla.

They quoted ~14.00 increase for the 7 days.

Also said to call back about a week before the trip to actually implement the policy coverage.

Bizywk

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'll change from Progressive to BoatUS if it means I can be covered on this trip. Do you have a contact name and number?

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Adding bahamas coverage to my boatus policy was an extra 30 bucks. Plus I have tow coverage as well.

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I just got off the phone with bimini bay. Im in the process of setting up a group rate discount. Everyone that is interested in staying at resort world and docking at bimini bay give me your boat info to lock in the discount.

Their normal rate is 3.75 a foot with a 30ft minimum. For us they're gonna remove the 30ft minimum and allow us to park multiple boats in one slip to cut cost and save space.

Last edited:

VaMarine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'll change from Progressive to BoatUS if it means I can be covered on this trip. Do you have a contact name and number?
I left Progressive last year for BoatUS and literally saved $800 a year for better coverage.

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just got off the phone with bimini bay. Im in the process of setting up a group rate discount. Everyone that is interested in staying at resort world and docking at bimini bay give me your boat info to lock in the discount.

Their normal rate is 3.75 a foot with a 30ft minimum. For us they're gonna remove the 30ft minimum and allow us to park multiple boats in one slip to cut cost and save space.
Count us in please!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Valerie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Look, I don’t mean to be an ass; the folks on this form are planning for, and excited to make this trip. Don’t post negative Nancy shit and mess with the mood. We all know the risk of COVID’s possible interference with our plans. Let us have our moment. Start another form call not going to live my life due to the unknown, 2021 and beyond. This trip is 5 months away. I will start investigating the COVID rules June 7th. Everyone has that one friend that when something positive happens, you must be reminded of the negative what if’s...... oh wait, we usually leave those folks back at the dock.

this will be one of the best crossing ever. 1/2 foot seas, beautiful sky’s, no COVId interference, let’s get it on
From your mouth to gods ears!

Gofish206

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Resorts world is on the other end of bimini from Bimini bay that would be a huge inconvenience to keep your boat away from where you are staying. Fisherman village is the marina located at resorts world and usually has plenty of slips available you can even find some of those slips privately owned on vrbo for around 125-150 a day. Those slips are also 50' and usually can fit two small boats.

ifly4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Resorts world is on the other end of bimini from Bimini bay that would be a huge inconvenience to keep your boat away from where you are staying. Fisherman village is the marina located at resorts world and usually has plenty of slips available you can even find some of those slips privately owned on vrbo for around 125-150 a day. Those slips are also 50' and usually can fit two small boats.
Maybe you're thinking of Bimini Bliss which I think is on the south island? Bimini Bay is the house/condo community next to resort world, we just stayed there a few weeks ago.

Gofish206

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well I am no longer a member of the jetboat group. I have moved over to the center console world. I plan on doing alot more fishing on this trip. Look forward to seeing uall
Maybe you're thinking of Bimini Bliss which I think is on the south island? Bimini Bay is the house/condo community next to resort world, we just stayed there a few weeks ago.
I'm sorry I was thinking old bimini sands now called bimini cove. You are correct my mistake.

That price is pretty good for that marina.

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Apparently I was also mistaken as to the location - I was thinking Bimini Sands. Is this the Fishermans Village area at BB?

Gofish206

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Apparently I was also mistaken as to the location - I was thinking Bimini Sands. Is this the Fishermans Village area at BB?
So Resorts world Hilton, Bimini Bay and Fisherman's Village are all part of the same area. Bimini Cove/Bimini Sands (where the majority of the group is staying) is just called Bimini Cove Marina.

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

So Resorts world Hilton, Bimini Bay and Fisherman's Village are all part of the same area. Bimini Cove/Bimini Sands (where the majority of the group is staying) is just called Bimini Cove Marina.
Sorry about the confusion on my end. We’re targeting to stay at cove/sands, but will be sure to chime back in if that changes and the group rate for bay is still available.