• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bimini Trip June 27th - July 2nd 2021

AbuAyd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
I am planning to cross with the bimini Fling on 6/17 so starting to watch the weather. I know it is early but has anyone else been watching weather, wave height forecasts etc? any reminders on what’s acceptable? Wind speed, direction, wave height and frequency

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My rule of thumb is: Wave interval / wave height < 2 is a no-go.
2' waves needs at least a 4 second interval, the longer the better.
If you;re going with the 21' boat, I wouldn't go in anything over 2', because a 2' forecast usually turns into at least 2.5 - 3' and that's pretty rough in a 21' boat. Maybe if the interval is 12 or more seconds, but I'd be very weary.

AbuAyd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
6/17 is finally on the forecast in one of the apps. I know it is still early and things can change but just to confirm, this would be favorable if it stays like that until the morning of the crossing.

47D28E90-8F29-4997-A48D-B488D6560C49.jpeg

My rule of thumb is: Wave interval / wave height < 2 is a no-go.
2' waves needs at least a 4 second interval, the longer the better.
If you;re going with the 21' boat, I wouldn't go in anything over 2', because a 2' forecast usually turns into at least 2.5 - 3' and that's pretty rough in a 21' boat. Maybe if the interval is 12 or more seconds, but I'd be very weary.

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
6/17 is finally on the forecast in one of the apps. I know it is still early and things can change but just to confirm, this would be favorable if it stays like that until the morning of the crossing.

View attachment 153038
It would if you were planning on heading out 10 days early lol

AbuAyd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Went and got my second covid shot. That sucked. But I'm all set in that department for the trip
Glad you are done with that. so i read that they need us to be fully vaccinated and 2 weeks have passed after the 2nd shot. If the second shot was less than 2 weeks then we have to test after we get there?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Glad you are done with that. so i read that they need us to be fully vaccinated and 2 weeks have passed after the 2nd shot. If the second shot was less than 2 weeks then we have to test after we get there?
Yup....so you have a couple of days left to either get your 1-J&J shot, or your 2nd Pfizer/Moderna shot.

Five Faces

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
if you’re NOT fully vaccinated including the 2-week immunity period then you will need a negative PCR test within five days of your arrival. This negative PCR test will need to be submitted to the Bahamas prior to your arrival to get your health visa approved. If you’re staying in the Bahamas for more than five days you will need to get tested again (rapid test) while in the Bahamas.

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am going with another group from Homestead leaving the 26th and coming back the 28th.

I am also staying at Resort World and would love to meet others in the evening if thats okay.

Berrie

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Monterey
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Will someone post an InReach (or other) tracking link?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

svana

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here is a link I just found that may be helpful to you guys prepping to go (supposedly all the things you need to do to clear)

Wow this is great - gives me peace of mind that I’ve been doing things correctly so far.

AbuAyd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
I am planning to post my inreach tracking link for the cross with the Bahamas fling on Thursday 6/17.

here is the link Garmin Explore™
Sorry guys, my inreach broke down the night before so I could not share the track. I joined the Bimini Fling this morning. Was the only Jet boat. Other boats ranged from 22’ to 50’ power catamaran. Nice people but all staying in Big Game and not a lot of sharing of activities. Worked for us. The cross was worse I thought than 2018 even though the forecast looked better. Still waiting to see those lake conditions of June 2018 😂 it did not happen today unfortunately.

Custom and immigration went pretty smooth. They are strict on wearing masks in these offices even if you are vaccinated so FYI. We pre-filled all the paperwork in Fort Lauderdale so that helped speed things up.

Weather is kind of gray today. Hoping for more sun over the weekend.

After clearing customs, we checked in Bimini cove. It must be at 50% capacity tops. 60% of the marina slips are not being used. It might fill up on the weekend. They are building new docks on the south and west side of the marina so that is nice. Infinity pool definitely needs cleaning. Ship store closed at 2 pm today which is strange. I don’t remember it closing that early.

Will attach some pictures.

Attachments

AbuAyd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Sorry guys, my inreach broke down the night before so I could not share the track. I joined the Bimini Fling this morning. Was the only Jet boat. Other boats ranged from 22’ to 50’ power catamaran. Nice people but all staying in Big Game and not a lot of sharing of activities. Worked for us. The cross was worse I thought than 2018 even though the forecast looked better. Still waiting to see those lake conditions of June 2018 😂 it did not happen today unfortunately.

Custom and immigration went pretty smooth. They are strict on wearing masks in these offices even if you are vaccinated so FYI. We pre-filled all the paperwork in Fort Lauderdale so that helped speed things up.

Weather is kind of gray today. Hoping for more sun over the weekend.

After clearing customs, we checked in Bimini cove. It must be at 50% capacity tops. 60% of the marina slips are not being used. It might fill up on the weekend. They are building new docks on the south and west side of the marina so that is nice. Infinity pool definitely needs cleaning. Ship store closed at 2 pm today which is strange. I don’t remember it closing that early.

Will attach some pictures.

So this morning I come out to the boat and it has a check engine light as soon as I start moving. I clear it and it comes back within few minutes. Boat was serviced before the crossing. Any idea of where to get the bot checked out here at Bimini? I am asking around got one guy but he is not familiar with jet boats.

josh195

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
if you’re NOT fully vaccinated including the 2-week immunity period then you will need a negative PCR test within five days of your arrival. This negative PCR test will need to be submitted to the Bahamas prior to your arrival to get your health visa approved. If you’re staying in the Bahamas for more than five days you will need to get tested again (rapid test) while in the Bahamas.
In early May I was in Exuma and we also had to submit a daily health assessment online. They would send you an email with a link.

14SX190

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks like my crossing will be put on hold until new oil cooler is replaced if anyone looking to cross in late July or August lmk.

I live about 45min South of Ft Lauderdale if anyone needs help that are coming from out of state.
I have parking for boat if you come early, battery charger, tools, oil extractor, pretty much anything you forgot and may need.

James R Whitten

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
So this morning I come out to the boat and it has a check engine light as soon as I start moving. I clear it and it comes back within few minutes. Boat was serviced before the crossing. Any idea of where to get the bot checked out here at Bimini? I am asking around got one guy but he is not familiar with jet boats.
You get it figured out?

AbuAyd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
You get it figured out?
Checked the engine faults menu. No errors reporting. Ran diagnostics test and everything seems to work. Yesterday went out to Sapona and Honeymoon Harbor and the whole time engine was running with no check engine light. Checking different Glastron forms and manual and some reported similar behaviour that turned out to be the check engine display itself was faulty. Not very assuring but will keep pushing forward for now. Thanks for checking.