• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat buckle tie downs??

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
For those of you have the boat buckle retractable tie downs....can i get your opinion?? worth the money??

thanks!

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Interested, also whether they're worth the money over Attwood and other competing brands.

Kevin107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
YES x100 times
Wish I bought it sooner

As for other brands. I compared it to another brand at Academy and you can definitely tell the difference in quality. Can't remember which brand it was, but it was about $20 cheaper.

If you are installing it on the Shorelandr' trailer, you might need the extra brackets. Otherwise you might have to drill holes.
http://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-and-Parts/BoatBuckle/IMF14254.html

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Boat Buckles are worth every penny. They make it very convenient to secure your stern and easy to undo before launching. There's no more looking to find the misplaced straps and then trying to fold that silly little finger breaker lever over!

As for quality, I have another trailer with the Shur-Hold brand ratchet holders and they broke or have become very hard to release within a few launchings. Stick with Boat Buckles.

http://www.immioutdoors.com/products/boatbuckle/

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
YES x100 times
Wish I bought it sooner

As for other brands. I compared it to another brand at Academy and you can definitely tell the difference in quality. Can't remember which brand it was, but it was about $20 cheaper.

If you are installing it on the Shorelandr' trailer, you might need the extra brackets. Otherwise you might have to drill holes.
http://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-and-Parts/BoatBuckle/IMF14254.html
What he said! Yes yes yes.

I love them. And he's right about the other brand at Academy. I bought those first, and they were junk. I ended up replacing the junk buckles with the real Boat Buckles and they are still great after 7 years. Spend the extra $20 on true Boat Buckle brand. Best mod ever.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just do it - they are awesome.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Here's a coupon for a free set.....

Wishful thinking!

BravoMike

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'll join the chorus. DO IT! Will not regret. Cannot comment on other brands. Never owned any.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
BUY THEM !! I'm a fan of Stock ...I really don't do a lot of upgrades,....but this one is AWESOME........I bought a pair for my neighbor for his birthday they're so cool !

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well worth the money. Once you use them, your only regret will be that you did not buy them sooner.

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just bought mine. Should have gotten them sooner as they make each trip to the ramp easier and I don't worry about them loosening when trailering.

cybuch

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
And they are strong!! A few years back I was rear ended while towing the the lake and the boat buckles kept my boat from bashing the tailgate. The guy who rear ended me was towing a boat with standard straps and his boat ended up in the back of his truck with the bow on the roof. Can't go wrong with boat buckles!

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I love them. Two for the stern tie downs and one for the front.
the front !?!?!?!!?!?!? SNAP....I've been staring at my SLACK lame joke of a emergency cable every-time.....and the answer was 21 feet away the whole time !!

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Here is another...JUST DO IT! Wait, that is Nike...JUST BUY THEM! Yeah, that's it! You won't regret them a day and wonder why you ever asked this question! And...you will be the first to respond to the next 15 times the question is asked! Absolutely one of the best trailer mods you can do, and one you will benefit from every time you launch/retrieve!

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
thanks all.....just ordered on amazon!!!

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
the front !?!?!?!!?!?!? SNAP....I've been staring at my SLACK lame joke of a emergency cable every-time.....and the answer was 21 feet away the whole time !!
I took the safety cable bolt to the hardware store and got one about an inch or so longer. Then I mounted the boat buckle to the opposite side from the safety cable. Rock solid.