• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Boat buckle tie downs??

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Some pictures

Attachments

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My boat came with them from the factory. . . . . Don't know how I went without them for sooooo long. Even though I don't trailer much I highly recommend them.

I have been told however, to keep and extra set of tie downs on board in case of emergency.

BravoMike

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Another DUH for using on the bow. Can't believe that never occurred to me. Staring at me every time I launch the boat! Thanks for the pics @jetboater4life.

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Another DUH for using on the bow. Can't believe that never occurred to me. Staring at me every time I launch the boat! Thanks for the pics @jetboater4life.
Anytime. I'm not convinced that using the brackets on the rear (as seen in my photo above) is the way to go. I'm starting to see some bend in my tie down tabs on the trailer. The nice thing about this type of mount is it gives a better down angle for the boat buckle. Others have mounted the buckles directly on the trailer frame by bolting through. The strap then is more at an angle and has to twist some. I may do this if my mounts continue to flex. I might be ratcheting them down too tight too. I noticed some spider cracks around my rear tie down eyelet.

KXCam22

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It is worth having the front one. I find that it keeps the boat from squirming on the trailer when towing. Cam.

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
And they are strong!! A few years back I was rear ended while towing the the lake and the boat buckles kept my boat from bashing the tailgate. The guy who rear ended me was towing a boat with standard straps and his boat ended up in the back of his truck with the bow on the roof. Can't go wrong with boat buckles!
Wow! Any pics?

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Installing Boat Buckles is one of the best mods I've made. They changed our launch and retrieve routine because they are so quick to use.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I took the safety cable bolt to the hardware store and got one about an inch or so longer. Then I mounted the boat buckle to the opposite side from the safety cable. Rock solid.
Ditto! Did this first with my LX210 as the bow would bounce on the trailer. Not sure if the SX 230 bow would bounce....because I put a boat buckle on the front from day one!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I like your installation. I think that is what I will do if I continue to see stress on my tabs (the ones connected to the trailer, not the brackets I used to mount the boat buckles.)
Yeah....I didn't like the tab attach point....seemed like the weight of the boat would bend them right off eventually (or in an accident). Drilling the frame was easy and you just pop off the end cap to attach the lock nut inside.

maboat

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ive had my boat buckles attached to the trailer tabs for over 7 years. No problems at all and I crank on them pretty hard sometimes
image.jpg image.jpg

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Looks good @maboat

These are still on my list!

Kevin107

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I agree! The tie downs I use are working fine though. But, it would be really nice to have boat buckles. Soon.....

Top Bottom