• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Boat buckle tie downs??

bobbie

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
For those of you have the boat buckle retractable tie downs....can i get your opinion?? worth the money??

thanks!

Interested, also whether they're worth the money over Attwood and other competing brands.

YES x100 times
Wish I bought it sooner

As for other brands. I compared it to another brand at Academy and you can definitely tell the difference in quality. Can't remember which brand it was, but it was about $20 cheaper.

If you are installing it on the Shorelandr' trailer, you might need the extra brackets. Otherwise you might have to drill holes.
http://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-and-Parts/BoatBuckle/IMF14254.html

Boat Buckles are worth every penny. They make it very convenient to secure your stern and easy to undo before launching. There's no more looking to find the misplaced straps and then trying to fold that silly little finger breaker lever over!

As for quality, I have another trailer with the Shur-Hold brand ratchet holders and they broke or have become very hard to release within a few launchings. Stick with Boat Buckles.

http://www.immioutdoors.com/products/boatbuckle/

YES x100 times
Wish I bought it sooner

As for other brands. I compared it to another brand at Academy and you can definitely tell the difference in quality. Can't remember which brand it was, but it was about $20 cheaper.

If you are installing it on the Shorelandr' trailer, you might need the extra brackets. Otherwise you might have to drill holes.
http://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-and-Parts/BoatBuckle/IMF14254.html
What he said! Yes yes yes.

I love them. And he's right about the other brand at Academy. I bought those first, and they were junk. I ended up replacing the junk buckles with the real Boat Buckles and they are still great after 7 years. Spend the extra $20 on true Boat Buckle brand. Best mod ever.

Yup....love mine! Cheap and simple (relatively) and one less hassle to deal with at the ramp...where there is plenty already to deal with.

Just do it - they are awesome.

Here's a coupon for a free set.....

Wishful thinking!

I'll join the chorus. DO IT! Will not regret. Cannot comment on other brands. Never owned any.

BUY THEM !! I'm a fan of Stock ...I really don't do a lot of upgrades,....but this one is AWESOME........I bought a pair for my neighbor for his birthday they're so cool !

Well worth the money. Once you use them, your only regret will be that you did not buy them sooner.

Just bought mine. Should have gotten them sooner as they make each trip to the ramp easier and I don't worry about them loosening when trailering.

And they are strong!! A few years back I was rear ended while towing the the lake and the boat buckles kept my boat from bashing the tailgate. The guy who rear ended me was towing a boat with standard straps and his boat ended up in the back of his truck with the bow on the roof. Can't go wrong with boat buckles!

I love them. Two for the stern tie downs and one for the front.

the front !?!?!?!!?!?!? SNAP....I've been staring at my SLACK lame joke of a emergency cable every-time.....and the answer was 21 feet away the whole time !!

Here is another...JUST DO IT! Wait, that is Nike...JUST BUY THEM! Yeah, that's it! You won't regret them a day and wonder why you ever asked this question! And...you will be the first to respond to the next 15 times the question is asked! Absolutely one of the best trailer mods you can do, and one you will benefit from every time you launch/retrieve!

thanks all.....just ordered on amazon!!!

the front !?!?!?!!?!?!? SNAP....I've been staring at my SLACK lame joke of a emergency cable every-time.....and the answer was 21 feet away the whole time !!
I took the safety cable bolt to the hardware store and got one about an inch or so longer. Then I mounted the boat buckle to the opposite side from the safety cable. Rock solid.

Back