• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Both engines bog in sync???

Eric Sherrill

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When I start the boat while in the water it will run perfect under load for about a minute then both engine's, at the exact same time begin to bog down to a stop.. then when I try to restart it, it just keeps turning over.. I wait about 5 mins and it will crank right up then do the same thing.. I have pulled the quantity float to make sure it has gas (half a tank) I have pulled one of the fuel pumps and they appear to be clean and not clogged.. the gas appears to be clean.. I pulled the vent line off thinking maybe it isn't venting correctly... and still nothing.. both engines are having the exact same symptoms at the exact same times.. has anyone ever experienced this?

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Clean-out hatch switch ?

what year is your boat

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Has anything changed since it ran fine? Sounds like it is starving for gas or air. Seems to fast to be air, but could be....did you block any of the air vents? Have you tried it with the blowers running?

Does it have a water fuel separator? If so, it might be clogged?

jawsf16

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Disconnect battery cables and reconnect tightly. Mine were apparently barely loose and it caused a rough "rocks in a paint can" sound.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds like an exhaust leak. Maybe try running it with the blowers on or possibly the engine cover open. If there’s an exhaust leak, it ends up starving the engines of good breathable air after a minute or two.