• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Bus Bars and Fuse Panels

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
After installing my Rule high water alarm, I realized (as recommended here on the forum) , that I need to add bus bars and a fuse panel in the helm for any future mods. Can someone recommend a setup? Maybe purchase from Blue Sea? Thanks!

The 242x link in my signature shows what I bought. (Bluesea)

Thank you...

Get your self some duplex, marine grade and run it to the helm. Real easy to fish it around verses wires that are individual. Plus you don't really have to put it in split plastic. Just zip tie it up. Fantastic stuff. For me ran 6-2 Guauge.

ANCOR Flat Duplex Wire by the Foot | West Marine

Get your self some duplex, marine grade and run it to the helm. Real easy to fish it around verses wires that are individual. Plus you don't really have to put it in split plastic. Just zip tie it up. Fantastic stuff. For me ran 6-2 Guauge.

ANCOR Flat Duplex Wire by the Foot | West Marine
Thanks. Great recommendations. I have an extra ground terminal in the engine compartment I can use for the ground. And the + I’ll take off the house switch. Thanks! Fuel vapor sensor is next. Then possibly the tabs.

No. They do not need much power, so they are tied into my fuse block under the helm and then one wire to the ignition for auto retract when key is off.

Run the 6-2 to the helm. Tie it to the fuse block. Run your wires from the tabs to their switch. They you run just some 16 gauge from the fuse block to the back of the Tabs controller and then run the acc. wire from the tabs controller and tap your ignition wire. In mine they were Yellow with red stripe, yours may be different.

Tabs do not require a lot of power.

Back