• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Can anybody tell me anything about this???

Toby Bartlett

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Hi, looking for some help, recently found this online for £200 (running boat and trailer). I bought it as a project with my friend for something to do through the summer evenings, now as i'm sure some of you can tell its been converted to a jet drive, between us we've managed to work out most of parts and manufacturers on the boat, but weve been left stumped by this lol, if anybody can help with any and i literally mean any information i would extremely grateful, many thanks, Toby
IMG_0322.JPG IMG_0324.JPG 10995393_10153090484849671_3849741826074859837_n.jpg

That's a jet nozzle with the reverse bucket removed and a poor-man's rudder attached.

Take a look at this old ad form Place Diverter. You can see the old school rudder in the picture:

2008PlaceHBad.jpg

Welcome @Toby Bartlett glad you found us and decided to join. Looks like you've got a fun project ahead of you fixing up that boat. Make sure to take & post up lots of pics along the way.

Wow, that looks like one big lump of ali…………Hamilton jet drives made a few smaller ones in there time.

@Toby Bartlett Welcome aboard! This group loves a good challenge. ...and it looks like you've got one!

Welcome aboard!

Its missing the nozzle and someone made a rudder for it but I am going to go out on a limb and say it probably doesn't steer worth a darn. If you can't find a nozzle for it you could have one made, just a tube that swivels etc. I would do some more searching and see if you can't find a steering nozzle and reverse bucket, it will make it way more enjoyable on the water.

Any casting marks with lettering?
I am guessing early berkely or similar.
You are missing the tail cone which really makes it a "jet". Without it you only have 2/3 a pump. Once you figure out what brand, you can start sourcing parts and get that thing rocketing out the water!

Hi, thanks for all the help so far, I will get a few pictures up over the next couple days, can see a few late evenings ahead of us lol.

Cheers, Toby

If anybody has any ideas what brand it is we would be grateful.. Even approximate details on rated max power and ideal impeller rpm for this size jet as we have no reduction gearbox. Looks 150mm diameter impeller, no idea of the pitch though.. Also, could anybody tell us the final internal diameter of the steering cone for most efficient Venturi effect/power??

Pull the impeller and take a picture. That can help as some brands do different things.
150mm is gonna top the efficiency/hp range around 200 hp.

Hey There, @Toby Bartlett !
Good of you to find us, welcome !!!!!!!!!! ... and great luck with that kewl new jet of yours !
Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA
+             CartoonWelcomeAboard 20 - Toby Bartlett.jpg

Last edited:
Back