• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

check engine no code no crank no nuttin

JetTech72

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Definitely looks like you have an electrical issue. Take the breaker panel off the wall to see if anything looks "abnormal" in the back either corrosion or loose connection. I heard some issues are coming from bad ECU breakers. For testing you can always by-pass the breaker.

jgiovino

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
I know this thread is old, but I am still struggling.

Please help me figure out how to get warranty service on my boat.
My dealer does not have the tools (BUDS), the proper SW license, and does not have BRP required training to operate BUDS SW.
I contacted Glastron online customer query form and BRP customer query form.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
As far as warranty work I would contact Glastron directly via the phone, emails and forms tend to be ignored. They should be able to get you someone who is qualified to work on the boat and make sure you mention that the dealer you purchased it from doesn't know how to work on the boat or refused to. If they are an authorized dealer they should be qualified.

Briwhy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
When I get home I'll check out my fuse panel where the battery switch is and see how my fuses look to see if they are all flush or some stick out.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh God please stay away from those imbeciles. Probably the worst dealership in the 50 states. You will end up with a bill, and a steering wheel. If you want a good dealer, head to MarineMax Stuart. It will be worth the drive.

Just did a quick internet search. Have you tried these guys? Says they are certified and performs warranty work. http://www.topnotchmarine.com/service_marine.asp

jgiovino

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Oh God please stay away from those imbeciles. Probably the worst dealership in the 50 states. You will end up with a bill, and a steering wheel. If you want a good dealer, head to MarineMax Stuart. It will be worth the drive.
Thank you.
There is a MarineMax near me in cocoa.
Does your recommendation still apply.
If I am to travel I would prefer to bring the boat to you.

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@jgiovino

Before you spend the time and money taking a drive, lets see if this works for you.

1. When the check engine light is flashing before pulling off the lanyard. Push the set button 5 times and it will display a "P####" code then hit mode to scroll through the codes if there is more than one code. It will display "END" when there are no more codes to display. If you pull the lanyard it will clear the codes and you will have to get the check engine light to flash again before it will give another code.

2. The battery cables may be a little loose. A few others on here have had loose battery cables as well.

3. It sounds like they didn't reset the MAINT in BUDS.
This comes on at intervals set in the ecu/gauge. (not by a mechanical fault)
I don't think there is a way to reset this without BUDS/candoo.

I have a facility in Titusville, FL. I go there a couple times a month. Ill give you a shout next time i'm in the area. I'd love to see the Glastron.

Briwhy

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Oh yeah, sorry, that makes sense.
YES, the breakers still look like they are popped.

Good point, though.
I checked my fuse panel where the battery switch is and the dealer is correct. The fuses on the side stick out more then the ones going across the top.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

jgiovino

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
1. When the check engine light is flashing before pulling off the lanyard. Push the set button 5 times and it will display a "P####" code then hit mode to scroll through the codes if there is more than one code. It will display "END" when there are no more codes to display. If you pull the lanyard it will clear the codes and you will have to get the check engine light to flash again before it will give another code.
I was unable to follow your instructions, so I took pictures of my gauge.
As soon as I hit any button while the 'CHECK ENGINE' was flashing it simply cycled to the temperature readout
I held both buttons down for 5 seconds to get into the 'SETUP' and scrolled down with 'NEXT' to get to the fault codes.
At least I think this is it.
No codes.
What am I doing wrong?

2. The battery cables may be a little loose. A few others on here have had loose battery cables as well.
These are tight.

3. It sounds like they didn't reset the MAINT in BUDS.
This comes on at intervals set in the ecu/gauge. (not by a mechanical fault)
I don't think there is a way to reset this without BUDS/candoo.
Can I remove the battery overnight and reset this thing?
Is there a physical reset on the ECM /ECU itself?
I bet the engine management software is beta and needs to be re-flashed.
Judging by other posts the new GTS207 reads "SERVICE ENGINE" at 25 hours, and mine did not.

I have a facility in Titusville, FL. I go there a couple times a month. Ill give you a shout next time i'm in the area. I'd love to see the Glastron.
Thank you. I will probably take you up on that.

jgiovino

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
I assume you've taken that battery out of the boat and put it on a strong charger? I am wondering if your boat (like mine) has a wiring issue that is quickly depleting your battery.
Thank you. The battery is brand new and still strong.
That may be what started this whole ordeal in post number 1.

jgiovino

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
I forgot to mention that the 'CHECK ENGINE' is flashing 4 times when turning the key to the 'on' position.

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

jgiovino

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GTS
Boat Length
Definitely looks like you have an electrical issue. Take the breaker panel off the wall to see if anything looks "abnormal" in the back either corrosion or loose connection. I heard some issues are coming from bad ECU breakers. For testing you can always by-pass the breaker.
@JetTech72 Thank you for your patient help this weekend.
After our back and forth, you were right and it turned out to be an accessory relay in the rear fuse block.

Of course my stupidity caused the trouble in the first place.
I left the battery shutoff 'on' over the winter and drained my battery.
per @JetTech72:
Excessive slow cranking on the dead battery must have fried this relay.

The boat has been rock solid other than for my mistake.
Thank you again.

BobbyP

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
@JetTech72 Thank you for your patient help this weekend.
After our back and forth, you were right and it turned out to be an accessory relay in the rear fuse block.

Of course my stupidity caused the trouble in the first place.
I left the battery shutoff 'on' over the winter and drained my battery.
per @JetTech72:
Excessive slow cranking on the dead battery must have fried this relay.

The boat has been rock solid other than for my mistake.
Thank you again.
Where was the relay exactly? When I turn my key to on the check engine flashes 4 times also...

BobbyP

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Glastron
Year
Boat Model
GT
Boat Length
Inside the fuse box pictured in post #9 in this thread.
After you replaced the relay, didnthe check engine message stop flashing?