• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Connext Transducer Errors after Installing Add-A-Battery - 2019 AR210

CJ06XLT

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Finally bit the bullet and installed a second battery using the Add-A-Battery kit on our 2019 AR210. I've attached my wiring diagram, put together based on info found here.

Immediately following the installation we are getting communication errors on the Connext screen with no speed, depth or temp displaying. I've double checked the wiring and retightened everything. We did have it blink out a few times in the recent past, so I'm not sure if this is a wiring problem or just a coincidence that the transducer died.

Ideally it's bad wiring and can be fixed easily, but I won't get my hopes up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Your diagram looks great!

I’m not familiar with what the OEM battery switch looks like, but it almost sounds like there is no power to the transducer? Perhaps a small wire or something did not get reattached during the dual battery install?

One way to check would be to use your new equipment, but set it up like a single battery again and see if the problem goes away.

CJ06XLT

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I looked for extra wires and didn't see anything. Here's a pic of the original setup. I'll take a look in the transducer threads, maybe I can find which wire is hot at the transducer connector and see if it has power.

Attachments

CJ06XLT

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Further update. 12v and ground are both good at the connector. Any way to test just the transducer?

gt5pilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
how close can you get your ear to the transducer with it on? you should be able to hear a "click" come from it when it is pinging for depth.

CJ06XLT

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's out of the water, so pretty close. Will give that a go tomorrow.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I’m getting these errors too. Just started this weekend. Gps speed works fine, but depth and water temp are not. Connext says Communication error to depth transducer check Aux CAN.

I keep wondering if it’s a battery issue. I already had double batteries, and the voltage readings look ok… but they are original batteries still. 2019 boat.

We checked all connections to connext behind the helm. Only connection we haven’t checked yet is to the transducer we itself under the swim deck.

StanM

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am getting that darn transducer comm error also. Seems strange that I have seen quite a few folks with the same problem. I have a hard time believing all of us have "bad" transducers. I have never had one fail on any previous boats.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I am getting that darn transducer comm error also. Seems strange that I have seen quite a few folks with the same problem. I have a hard time believing all of us have "bad" transducers. I have never had one fail on any previous boats.
That sounds like a software / firmware problem

CJ06XLT

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just an update on this. I checked for any clicking noises and there were none so I'm now in the process of replacing the transducer as mentioned in this thread. I bought the Airmar DST810 transducer. So far I've spliced in the Yamaha connector and plugged it in, no errors and the temperature sensor is working fine. I think I need to fully install and set it up to get the depth and speed working as well. Just fighting with getting to it currently.

Bottom line is it's definitely the transducer, hopefully the new one works out and lasts a few more years.

CJ06XLT

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Final update: All set with the new transducer (DTS810) in my 2019 AR210. Finally got it back in the water for the holiday and everything works. I do need to calibrate the speed and depth, but that's not bad with the bluetooth app.

Shoresy80

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Final update: All set with the new transducer (DTS810) in my 2019 AR210. Finally got it back in the water for the holiday and everything works. I do need to calibrate the speed and depth, but that's not bad with the bluetooth app.

I've done this twice now both with brand new DST810's and both went out within 15 minutes of being on the water.