• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Couple questions

dordelli

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
About to take my boat on its first extended trip, spent the winter fixing and updating a ton of stuff, been fun tinkering with it but am excited to use her finally, I have a couple questions.

Is the retractable ski pole on my 2004 LX210 strong enough to pull a 2 person tube or a wake boarder or should I pull from the stern hooks?

Can anyone recommend a new horn (besides oem) that will fit my current mounting location that is durable and maybe a little louder then the anemic stock one?

Last edited:

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There is a single tow point above the Yamaha logo above the swim deck. We used it for tubes.

You can use any horn you want if you do not want to install it in the factory location.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Laconic

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
LX
Boat Length
how does one raise the ski pole? Mine seems to be stuck

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
how does one raise the ski pole? Mine seems to be stuck
There is some sort of nylon or plastic sleeve that swells and makes it stick.

I took out the retaining screw on the side and was able to knock the pole down and out instead of trying to pull it up.

Throw the sleeve away and put it back together and it will work fine.