• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Differences between the Newer 4 Cycle Yamaha Jet Boats

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Can the Chaparral 223 VR go with one motor only?
No reason to think they cannot, and if I recall they have a closed loop cooling system, so no need to clamp off the non-running engine as Yamaha's have to (assuming I'm correct about closed loop cooling)

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
No reason to think they cannot, and if I recall they have a closed loop cooling system, so no need to clamp off the non-running engine as Yamaha's have to (assuming I'm correct about closed loop cooling)
Will they allow you to run it with only one engine running without throwing a code? Has anyone tried?

shane hric

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I just finished watching my factory Yamaha demo dvd, they say you can run one engine if needed in the no wake mode, sooo!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I just finished watching my factory Yamaha demo dvd, they say you can run one engine if needed in the no wake mode, sooo!
The question was about the Chaparral not the Yamaha.....so yes, you are correct, you can do this on a Yamaha in no wake mode....

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I edited the original XLS file to add the specifics for the 2016 models....lots more work could be done to improve the details.....

I found the year over year pricing columns to be interesting....see how much the MSRP changes each year.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Added some more details to the differences in the 2016 models section (a new Excel file in the first post of this thread), things like bow lights, # speakers, Subwoofer, carpets etc....

Wondering if a 2016 AR240 comes with a Mirror....it says it does, but none of the photos show it.... hummmmm

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
they all use fresh water to cool the exhaust and that is where the water gets forced into the engine so it really won't matter what you tow if you tow it too fast water can fill the muffler and get back into the engine

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Added some more details to the differences in the 2016 models section (a new Excel file in the first post of this thread), things like bow lights, # speakers, Subwoofer, carpets etc....

Wondering if a 2016 AR240 comes with a Mirror....it says it does, but none of the photos show it.... hummmmm
@Julian That xls file is such a great resource - I just found it (I'm slow) - thank you very much for sharing. Not that I would EVER think of upgrading my 190 ;).

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Julian That xls file is such a great resource - I just found it (I'm slow) - thank you very much for sharing. Not that I would EVER think of upgrading my 190 ;).
It is a constant work in progress! I try and keep up with the pricing and specs for each new year.... @OperationROL just sent me some changes and I added a V3 file to the first post!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

jpass

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
they all use fresh water to cool the exhaust and that is where the water gets forced into the engine so it really won't matter what you tow if you tow it too fast water can fill the muffler and get back into the engine
This is correct. You need to keep the boat below 15 mph to avoid back-filling the exhaust with water that gets pushed through the pump while being towed at speeds over 15 mph.

The solution is to install a valve on the hose coming off the pump feeding the exhaust manifold or to add a valve to the line coming out of the exhaust manifold heading into the exhaust system. Either one will work.

I installed my valves after the manifolds because they are way more visible there and there's less of a chance of me forgetting they are closed and burning up my exhaust.

whaler7626

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is probably a repeat question, did a search and could not find anything though. Anyways, I was looking through the 2017 Yamaha boats and noticed that the SX240 and the 242LS were not pictured with the traditional beige interior. Is that now an option, or did they do away with the color altogether for those models?

Thanks!

BrentM

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you for posting the excel file. I am looking to purchase a 2006 sx210 with 37 hours and a 2011 sx210 with 60 hours. From the excel file and what I have researched there is no major difference between these years. Does anyone have any knowledge on this or suggestions?

Thanks!

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Yup 2016 AR240 comes with suction cup mirror. Found it in a box under the designated cooler compartment.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Only suggestion is to make sure it has the speed and power that you want. For some it does. For others jumping up to the 212x, 212ss, or 23/24 foot was necessary for the added power. More space doesn't hurt either if you need bigger.

dalcini

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Julian et-al,
Your comparison matrix has been an invaluable tool as I research Yamaha jet boat models. I downloaded a copy long ago, and have been making small "improvements" to my own copy along the way. I had a thought to share it back here as a live Google document. This way, we don't have to keep uploading new versions. Anyone with the following link can edit this doc. The updates are immediate, and a reversible change history is maintained by Google. You can also download, save, and even re-share your own copy!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wXaq9oyJva0_yvBfK2cVv--o8i6RglowDG_0IQI2Obs/edit?usp=sharing

I hope you all find this useful.

P.S. I included a change log on the 2nd tab for tracking purpose

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Julian et-al,
Your comparison matrix has been an invaluable tool as I research Yamaha jet boat models. I downloaded a copy long ago, and have been making small "improvements" to my own copy along the way. I had a thought to share it back here as a live Google document. This way, we don't have to keep uploading new versions. Anyone with the following link can edit this doc. The updates are immediate, and a reversible change history is maintained by Google. You can also download, save, and even re-share your own copy!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wXaq9oyJva0_yvBfK2cVv--o8i6RglowDG_0IQI2Obs/edit?usp=sharing

I hope you all find this useful.

P.S. I included a change log on the 2nd tab for tracking purpose
I admire the effort. However, not sure where did you source the specs. For example, I just looked and I think the length of new 240s is 24' not 23'6".

I could be wrong.

--

Last edited:

dalcini

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@swatski,
That data was in the original document so I can't comment on its accuracy, however if you have good information on something that can be corrected or added, feel free to edit. That's what's great about a shared document!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I admire the effort. However, not sure where did you source the specs. For example, I just looked and I think the length of new 240s is 24' not 23'6".

I could be wrong.

--
I enter many of the specs into the XLS when they first announce the boat line ups....and then they change them later. For example, one item that I know needs to change is the heights of the E-Series boats with towers and the big bimini. We found that they had the height the same as the AR240...which couldn't be rights as the bimini is higher than the tower....so keeping it up to date isn't easy....

@dalcini having a shareable document is great as long as someone keeps track of and "approves" the changes. We don't want to have someone go in there and make an edit that is clearly wrong.

Also, is there a way to format the blocks of boats by years the way it was in the old doc?

I will link to this in the first post now as it does look to be much easier....but we do need to ensure the change log is reviewed. Volunteers?