• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Differences between the Newer 4 Cycle Yamaha Jet Boats

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Also....I might be blind....but I couldn't see the columns for heights.....like Height on water, height on trailer, height with tower lowered....
Some kind of height is in column BL?

I'd be happy to assist in some way, if possible. I picked up the new flyers for '17 last week. I could start by adding those rows, I guess. Though I'm not sure the marketing info has the same level of specs.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

dalcini

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Julian,
I went back and outlined the blocks for each model year as in the original document. As far as having a moderator approve changes, I don't think the Google doc system offers that level of sophistication in document management. However, I think it tracks changes and allows you to revert them. If that's not the case, you could always just periodically download a copy for backup, and later re-share that document in its place in the event someone loses info or makes a mistake on the live doc. In fact, you could do that now to take ownership of the document.

dalcini

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@BigAbe75 - I saw all the additions you made today - awesome.

@Julian, After looking around a bit more tonight I think I was wrong. I think the document owner (currently me) can change the document to "read only", and additionally grant specific individuals full editing rights. All others could be granted "comment" rights - giving everyone a mechanism to suggest revisions and additions to the editors. If you prefer this, I'd be happy to set it up that way, just let me know.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Tks. I got the 2017 models added. You never really realize how many dang boats there are, until it comes time for data entry. Lol

@Julian I updated as best I could with my available materials, and what I assumed is probably the same from the 2016 models, but I'm thinking you'll want to review and/or correct some things if you have tech specs, where I'm using the sales brochure that may be incomplete or using rounded numbers. (24' length instead of 23'6 for example). I also listed msrp as visible on the Yamaha iOS app.

I posted changes made and a couple questions in the change log tab.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I typically would use Yamaha's web site tech specs for all my data entry. Thanks @BigAbe75 for adding the 17s!

@dalcini lets leave it open for now and see how it goes. If you can make sure you back it up every now and then so that when the inevitable spammer comes along and trashes it, we can just reload it.

dalcini

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Will do @Julian. I'll back it up periodically, and and as a general safe practice, I would invite everyone to occasionally do the same. You can't beat having multiple copies everywhere!

Oh, and one more thing I forgot to mention that's a great thing about Google docs: if you load their "sheets "app, you can open, view, and edit this thing right from your phone!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

smthng

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Added Sound deadening and hinged seats to the file.....need confirmation that those came in 2015 on the 240 series (pretty sure that is correct). Added to 210 in 2017.
Friend has a 2015 AR240... I can confirm that it has hinged seats and sound dampening.

drob

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Tks. I got the 2017 models added. You never really realize how many dang boats there are, until it comes time for data entry. Lol

@Julian I updated as best I could with my available materials, and what I assumed is probably the same from the 2016 models, but I'm thinking you'll want to review and/or correct some things if you have tech specs, where I'm using the sales brochure that may be incomplete or using rounded numbers. (24' length instead of 23'6 for example). I also listed msrp as visible on the Yamaha iOS app.

I posted changes made and a couple questions in the change log tab.

Strughbrets1992

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
NA
Here is the side by side overhead view of the boats I put together. Unfortunately Yamaha stopped taking overhead shots of their boat (or at least stopped publishing them!). <NOT TO SCALE!>

UPDATED....I found more and moved/copied this to the top!
human growth hormone
Thanks for your post, this pic show as the whole diference between models!

Last edited:

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for your post, this pic show as the whole diference between models!
I find it great to look at these overheads...you can see how each model eeks a little more space out of the unused hull spaces and adds it back to useable space in the cabin or for storage.

myblueheaven305

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The Muther Tucker is probably the oldest I've seen on this forum, but may be one of the loudest! See the boat in the distance? Have a listen.....
:winkingthumbsup"
Scared the Bejesus out of the dog that came running down the hill...

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
The Muther Tucker is probably the oldest I've seen on this forum, but may be one of the loudest! See the boat in the distance? Have a listen.....
:winkingthumbsup"
One of the coolest things I have seen. Thanks for sharing!!!

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
OK, the google doc has not been updated this year....so I just went in and added all the 2018 models. Looks like one was dropped 242 Limited E-series, and 3 were added - the 21 FSH. I added the new boats, put in their lengths. Who wants to go in and update the specs on the 210 FSH models????

The link to the google doc is in the first post.
https://jetboaters.net/threads/differences-between-the-newer-4-cycle-yamaha-jet-boats.29/

I added all the MSRP for all the boats, and fixed the calculations for the price increase columns. Lots more needs changing on all the models....like stereo makes etc.

Before we know it, the 2019s will be out....so best to do this ASAP before the 2018 pages become hard to find!!!

VOLUNTEERS?????

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Agreed with all. lol

mattbaker

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow! You did a lot of work man! Thanks! For me, google drive link was more convenient to access! I am now seeing the difference! Thanks again

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Definitely need to go back and update. I don’t think we put in the ‘19 or ‘20 model years, yet.