• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Does any know how to Install wash down deck pump to clean the boat?

Adrian Jimenez

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Hey guys and gals, i just bought a 2018 AR240 and i was looking to install a wash down pump and put the hose by the anchor to wash my boat down after a mess. Has anyone done it on a cruising boat and not the fishing one. Thanks

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The price on the one in the link is good. Installation is not difficult and you can minimize the number of holes you drill by keeping the hose uninstalled next to the fresh water tank. An alternative if you are willing to use the water you are boating in is a wash down kit, West marine sells them with a 3.5 gpm pump for around $150. With this set up there is no fresh water tank and you can either mount a through hull for the water inlet or simply hang it and the hose it’s attached to over the side of the boat.

FYI the pump on my 2010 242 LS is small (I estimate it is a 1 gpm pump) which makes sense since the fresh water tank only holds 10 gallons. Also on the Yamaha kits there are two holes, an input to fill the tank from a hose and a vent which also acts as an overflow outlet /full indicator. Three if you count the hole the spray nozzle is installed in.

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Ronnie where is that overflow indicator you speak of? I have been wanting to change the configuration of my washdown for a while now. I am planning to eliminate the 10 gallon tank, add a bigger pump, add a water intake, and if time/patience allows, add a valve, leading to a smaller tank with fresh water, and mount that tank in the compartment under the cleanout tray. Any thoughts?

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@zelone , the vent / over flow indicator is opposite the freshwater holding tank on my boat. It is small (e.g. the size of my pinky finger nail), about the width of two quarters and shaped like a triangle but with rounded corners/points.

I think it is part 25 (lower left corner) in the diagram below, I’ve also included the link for your reference.
E6A0496F-C51F-4779-A3DA-10611C52EC14.png
https://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/oemparts/a/yam/5003a1abf870021f60a1211d/shower-piping

If you still can’t find it simply fill your fresh water tank with water and when it is full or starts to overfllow you will hear air coming out of it and eventually water will come out of it. I would take a pic of min but it’s still dark out here and I’m not ready to climb over waverunners to get to the back of my boat.

As for your plan to eliminate the 10 gallon tank, add a bigger pump, etc. it’s sounds fine but also complex if what you are after is an unlimited water supply with more pressure. If your stock freshwater system is ok and you don’t mind having another box on board consider buying a wash down kit from westmarine, overtons, etc. and installing it in a battery box, large or small with a pwc/motor cycle battery. I’ve pit together a few of these electric water guns now, since they are portable I’ve used mine. As a water gun while rafting, to wash my hands and gear while shore fishing, and as a pump when I had a waverunner with a slow leak. As a bonus I didn’t have to drill any more holes in my boat and I still have freshwater for showers, my wife and female crew members may mutiny if I took out or disabled the stock freshwater shower system. FYI the end/airator on my spray nozzle came loose and fell off last season so I will be buying a new end or spray nozzle soon.

Here is a link one of my posts regarding the portable option described above.
https://yamahajetboaters.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=30210&hilit=Water+gun+Electric+water+gun

Finally here is link to another person’s post who installed extra nozzles and possible extra tanks or a raw water inlet to his 240.
https://yamahajetboaters.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=55637&hilit=Water+gun+Electric+water+gun

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I actually just did this on my 2017 AR240 @Adrian Jimenez and it came out nice and worked perfect for my needs.

My 2011 242LS had the factory shower which we used but the spray was weak and the hose was short.

Enter Google searches....and I stumbled on the spraybox. I found a 6 gal tank and they added their parts and I now have a fully integrated fresh water (reverse osmosis, dries spot free) shower with 100psi and a 25 ft hose with a multi spray nozzle. It works flwlessly... my installer put in a nice switch and I used it this past weekend to mist people down, clean the grill and hose down the entire boat after I pulled it out before I wiped it down.

I still have at least 4 gal left and if you wanted to have a larger tank no problem..this is plug and play...I toyed with buying the parts for the stock shower but it's like 1k and doesn't do what I need.

I mounted mine where most people board or enter, but I can still reach the bow no problem.

20180407_143200.jpg20170625_183039.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Very cool setup. @Ronnie I am thinking of going with the Spraybox mini, and adding a directional flow valve, plus a water pickup. Seems it would do everything I need, and I think the mini tank would fit under the swim platform, starboard side. I will try and find a small tank, that I can add to other systems first though. I want it all hard wired in, and controlled from the oem dash switch also, so not sure the battery box idea is best for me. I do like the portability though, especially if I boated in salt water and needed to rinse stuff immediately.

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well, I just found the source of the water tanks. Mcmaster.com has the small water tank, used in the Spraybox mini kits, for about $50. I plan to combine that tank, a 3 way fluid control valve also from Mcmaster, and a $100 washdown kit on Amazon to replace/upgrade the original system.
Should give me the best of both worlds, endless supply of raw water, and with a quick turn of the valve, 5 gallons of fresh, clean water.

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Not sure the specs on the wash down kits but they sell the same pumps and accessories from the spray box on their kits you can adapt and get high pressure...I looked at some of the kits from amazon and west marine and their specs weren't as robust.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@zelone , thanks but @ capnkev has it going on doesn’t he? If you have and are keeping the stock system In place 5 gallons is plenty for a secondary tank, especially on my boat but that is with the stock pump (I don’t think west marine carries one this small) but if you up the pump size you might want to go with a bigger tank as well.

Here is a pic of the overflow through hull fitting. It’s The little white outlet next to the big black bilge pump outlet.
EC1C6E3C-40A1-4539-8E38-B731F9066011.jpeg

Last edited:

zelone

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks Ronnie, I am ok with using raw water for general use, cleaning off sand, rinsing the dogs, etc. I think 5 gallons will be fine for me, for rinsing utensils, drinking cups, etc.

Heres the kit I decided to use:
Seaflo 70 PSI Washdown Deck Wash Pump KIT 12v 5.0 GPM
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0749L8LHL/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am hoping the coil hose fits in the cleanout tray area, or I'll have to rethink my plan. As of now, I plan to have 2 hose sprayers, one in the stock location, and this coil hose in the cleanout tray, if it fits. If it doesn't, I will have to come up with a backup plan or location for the coil hose/sprayer.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
You are welcome @zelone .
I think the hose will fit in the clean out tray compartment no problem but if it doesn’t and you can live with a short hose it is easy to modify to suit your needs. I’ve had to cut one down to make it fit in a battery box with the pump, intake hose and battery.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

ralphsmithiii

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I actually just did this on my 2017 AR240 @Adrian Jimenez and it came out nice and worked perfect for my needs.

My 2011 242LS had the factory shower which we used but the spray was weak and the hose was short.

Enter Google searches....and I stumbled on the spraybox. I found a 6 gal tank and they added their parts and I now have a fully integrated fresh water (reverse osmosis, dries spot free) shower with 100psi and a 25 ft hose with a multi spray nozzle. It works flwlessly... my installer put in a nice switch and I used it this past weekend to mist people down, clean the grill and hose down the entire boat after I pulled it out before I wiped it down.

I still have at least 4 gal left and if you wanted to have a larger tank no problem..this is plug and play...I toyed with buying the parts for the stock shower but it's like 1k and doesn't do what I need.

I mounted mine where most people board or enter, but I can still reach the bow no problem.

View attachment 71791View attachment 71793
@Jaylex I'm following your lead on this and bought the same 6 gallon tank and I'm using my current West Marine wash down pump kit to add this to the boat. Question, do you know what size inlet and outlets you have? Mine are 3/4. Also, did you actually mount this in that rear port side compartment or just shove it back there to secure it. I can't quite tell by your pics.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length