• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Does anyone have "bunk" style guide ons on their trailers.

jamesk

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Trying to see if and how well bunk style guide ons would work with my 2017 sx210 trailer.
Guide on posts will not work for me unless I can figure out away to remove them and install them easily as my trailer will be too wide to fit in my storage area
Guide ons end up sticking out about 3 or 4 inches more than the width of my trailer.
Bunk style "appear" to be tapered and "look" like they would be less than my trailer width.
Does anyone have Bunk style that can tell me about them?
Thanks! Jim71RyvnIQ3LL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Trying to see if and how well bunk style guide ons would work with my 2017 sx210 trailer.
Guide on posts will not work for me unless I can figure out away to remove them and install them easily as my trailer will be too wide to fit in my storage area
Guide ons end up sticking out about 3 or 4 inches more than the width of my trailer.
Bunk style "appear" to be tapered and "look" like they would be less than my trailer width.
Does anyone have Bunk style that can tell me about them?
Thanks! JimView attachment 152209

I went with these. I have the same clearance issues getting into my shop as well. I also found the guide pole/posts to be flimsy and bent the bracket on a windy day. It looks like they have changed the design slightly from what I bought.

Boat Guide box.jpgBoat Guides.jpg

I wouldn't want the carpeted ones for the simple fact of the chance scratching the side of my boat. Don't care about the underside of the hull as much as the visible sides

I went with these. I have the same clearance issues getting into my shop as well. I also found the guide pole/posts to be flimsy and bent the bracket on a windy day. It looks like they have changed the design slightly from what I bought.

View attachment 152213View attachment 152214
I like the look of yours vs the new style they have. Yours look like you can angle them. The square tube/arm that sticks out...does that go past the width of the fender? I have like 1" between my fender and the side of the wall I need to back up past.

I had the bunk style ones on my LX210 (19' boat) and often they were too far under water to be much use. On shallower angle ramps they were helpful.

I wouldn't want the carpeted ones for the simple fact of the chance scratching the side of my boat. Don't care about the underside of the hull as much as the visible sides
There is so little pressure there I think scratching isn't really an issue.

I had carpeted "side bunks" on my old Rinker Trailer. No idea how much they did or didn't help. I haven't really felt the need to add them to my current trailer. Wife hasn't complained about loading either and she does it 99% of the time anyway.

Here's the old boat:
1622740999308.png

There is so little pressure there I think scratching isn't really an issue.

I had carpeted "side bunks" on my old Rinker Trailer. No idea how much they did or didn't help. I haven't really felt the need to add them to my current trailer. Wife hasn't complained about loading either and she does it 99% of the time anyway.

Here's the old boat:
View attachment 152234
For inexperienced loaders I would think there would be a high chance of scratching the sides or just plain hitting it square on too fast or what not. At least the ve ve guides roll with the boat and contact the rub rail if anything really. Or if you hit it square on its not going to damage anything as long as you have pads. I've had to re tighten my brackets a few times when my wife first starting loading, from direct impact...lol

This. Pole guides with protectors don't scratch, they're easier to see at a steep ramp, and help with "where are my trailer wheels" if you have to back up a long ways.

Back