• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Done with Yamaha.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Guess I didn’t realize the 19’ also had Connext. I’m not sure if those 2 issues would sour me on the brand, it actually sounds like a dealer issue. My dealer is 3 hours away, I had them send me a replacement tach and changing room canvas under warranty. All they asked was that I send the old parts back. I’m sure you’ll be happy with the Sea Pro, though it is a 3’ larger boat with a $20,000 higher price tag than a 190 FSH.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Makes sense for your use in the salt and the Sea Pro is going to be a nice boat. Do you dry dock, trailer, or leave the Yami in a slip?

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You’re absolutely right. There are other issues with the boat , but for the price point I think they are still a good value. I didn’t realize that no-one here would touch them or do the warranty work (my fault for not checking).
You didnt realize you would have to go to the dealer for warranty work? Is there an option from any brand not to?

I'm sure you will enjoy the new bigger boat!

Patae

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Makes sense for your use in the salt and the Sea Pro is going to be a nice boat. Do you dry dock, trailer, or leave the Yami in a slip?
We trailer it but it’s only 30 minutes away. The trailer is another small issue , the lights are not sealed and can’t be sealed ( could buy new better lights) bulb blows regularly. The springs will need to be replaced before next season (rust) Once you launch the boat and you’re on the water for 4-8 hours there’s not getting it off. It would be nice if there was a fresh water spray system at these boat launches but that’s part of it.

Last edited:

Patae

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Guess I didn’t realize the 19’ also had Connext. I’m not sure if those 2 issues would sour me on the brand, it actually sounds like a dealer issue. My dealer is 3 hours away, I had them send me a replacement tach and changing room canvas under warranty. All they asked was that I send the old parts back. I’m sure you’ll be happy with the Sea Pro, though it is a 3’ larger boat with a $20,000 higher price tag than a 190 FSH.
Yes I probably should have named it “I’m done with this Yamaha dealer”. I was pissed that they weren’t much help and wanted me to bring it there for the new canvas. We live and we learn.

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don’t “hate” them , never said that. Just said I’m done with them.
I didn't mean to attribute those words to you, but I meant it more just in general to those using the internet to make a decision. It's a powerful tool but you've got to understand how to filter and decipher because there is endless information to support any conclusion you can think of on pretty much any subject.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Be sure to post some photos of your new ride once you get it! We love boats of all kinds here! (I'll add the brand of your new boat to the profile boat make list so you can add it to your profile).

Dan_NC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I agree with @Patae, I love our boats but the Yamaha brand in boats doesn't carry the same clout as with their outboards. Yamaha, as with all boats (I think), has engineering issues that they haven't fully worked out and, at times, I feel they ignore issues. I can't tell you how many times I have had issues trying to get my ballasts to fill or to drain. Let's not get started on bluetooth and USB connections being dropped by the Connext (the name must be a pun). Heck, I can't even get my Connext on the swim deck to reflect the correct song that is playing on my phone. Finally, don't even get me started on the lack of NMEA options with the Connext, although Yamaha outboards are completely compatible and their helm master is out of this world. That said, I don't intend to trade my boat for anything else in the near future but I feel like the Connext is failure prone and deserves a re-look, if not a complete refit, by the engineers at Yamaha. Perhaps they could work with the folks that engineered their helm master? Just my two cents.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
To me, this sounds like a story of a crappy dealer. And no matter the new product, there are typically good and bad dealers. Did the Connext system die? yes. Did Yamaha repair it? Yes. Did the cover get holes in it? Yes. was is covered? No....but then how well did the dealer go to bat for you with Yamaha? Don't know. Lots of things can affect that canvas: sun, salt, moisture, wind, etc. The Bimini on mine is showing signs of wear and it's also fading and I will likely only get another couple of seasons out of it. I also know that I leave it out in the mountain sun for 10 weeks every summer (as I don't fold it when I'm away from the boat). I've made a conscious decision to leave the top out, because I'd rather replace the top every 5 or so seasons, than all those speakers hanging out there.

I've had two Yamaha's and the service experience at the closest dealer (60 miles from home) has always been excellent. One example at the end of the first season with my 09, there were small cracks that ran perpendicular to the window frame in the fiberglass every 12 inches. This was on both the port and starboard sides. The dealer ended up having my boat for about 6 weeks as it was determined that the holes in the fiberglass were not spaced the same distance apart as the bolds in the window frame. The dealer said they only trust one glass shop in the area and said the shop was backed up. When the boat came back it was perfect and even 5 seasons later you'd never know there was an issue there. Yamaha paid for the entire fix. Was I out a boat for 6 weeks, sure, but again I was finished for the season so it didn't matter how long it took.

Good luck with your new purchase as it sounds like that boat will better-suit your needs.

Weeb

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They should just mail you a new top after getting photos of it.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
I’m stuck with the boat but I wouldn’t really recommend the Yamaha. I’ve had a ton of warranty claims in two years. I like the boat a lot but a lot of small issues from small to large. It’s unfortunate because there isn’t much competition in this segment.

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What's the issue with the bimini? I understand it has holes, but is there any clue as to what caused them?

mattimus

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
I’m stuck with the boat but I wouldn’t really recommend the Yamaha. I’ve had a ton of warranty claims in two years. I like the boat a lot but a lot of small issues from small to large. It’s unfortunate because there isn’t much competition in this segment.
would you mind sharing?

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
Biggest issue was starboard motor wouldn’t start intermittently. They still don’t know what the issue is, they just replaced everything including the motor. Had a bad touchscreen, cleat bolts fell off in storage compartments, Bimini pin came off and got lost, straps for front of Bimini broke, anti pooling cover broke twice, have had both compartments doors crack multiple times, window strip came off and rubbed black finish off driver window, rear grab handle broke, window strap broke, anchor locker leak, still some other leak they can’t find going on, ground issue they can’t find but potential resolution was posted on here, loose bolts where the trailer connects to the boat, anchor door used to fly open in small chop, falling foam in engine compartment. I’m sure there is more, I have an encyclopedia of paper work in just two years.

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
popcorn.gif