• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Dual Engine Flush adaptors

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Does anyone know of any adaptors to flush both engines at the same time.Or do you have to make one with some parts from the local hardware store

Make one yourself, I've never seen one for sale.

Many suggest only one at a time so there in no chance of one shutting off unexpectedly and you not noticing since there is still engine noise. That could flood out the stopped engine (hydrolock). If you will flush a lot and sit at the helm monitoring RPM of both it will save time. You might consider a 3/4" hose for increased flow. Suggest 3/4" feed hose from faucet, Y adapter with individual shutoffs, two short sections of 5/8 hose (to each side- made by cutting a hose and crimping a make end on each), then the flush adapters.

Funny you ask, I just took a pic of mine today.
image.jpg

I've used a dual hose in the past, but typically just do one at a time since the pressure isn't very much, and I worry about a kink in the line with such little pressure, and not noticing it.

Like @Joshb723 says, the water pressure is halved and the boat can overheat easily so I prefer to do one at a time.

While we're on the subject. . . . is there a good hose anyone can recommend for flushing/cleaning the boat? The hoses I have used in the past (on previous boats ) always left green or black streaks wherever they came in contact with the boats gelcoat.

Nothing wrong with making a Y like that, but I'd make sure you can turn each side off one at a time and I'd not run both at the same time because Jetboater4life is correct....you half your water pressure! Many people notice that when running on the hose no water comes out of the pee holes....this is because the water pressure isn't high enough to get water to the upper pee hole outlets. So I'd not want to run we even lower water pressure by halving it and running both engines (unless you have seriously high pressure and your engines pee when both running off one hose!) Just my opinion....

I use an RV water (blue color) hose from walmart. I keep it clean and store in the boat. I hang it down and connect to the hose from the fauces so it stays "brand new".

While we're on the subject. . . . is there a good hose anyone can recommend for flushing/cleaning the boat? The hoses I have used in the past (on previous boats ) always left green or black streaks wherever they came in contact with the boats gelcoat.
That's one reason I use the white hose, it was one of my old ones from my camper, it's only a 15' hose I use on the end of a 50 or 75 foot.
I only flush one engine at a time, I made this mainly because I got tired of switching the one adapter I had before and on this one I can shut the hoses off independently.
The marina wash rack probably has enough flow to do both at once but I can barely get anything out of one pee hole at home.

I will have to start looking on Amazon or West Marine for a white one. . . .

@jetboater4life . . . We must have just been reading the same reviews = ). @GiddYupJoe - thanks for the recommendation though.

They sell the white "potable" hose at Wal-mart in the RV section by automotive.
Those shrinking hoses suck! My wife bought one last year, it has 1/4" hole at each end for the water to pass through.

Never even read the reviews. Just grabbed one at SAMs club while picking up apple juice for the kids. No clue if it's great or not but the few times I have used it, it's worked as expected. My boat is in a slip and I would rather not carry a 25' hose with me every time I want to hose down or flush! This hose allows me to just toss it under a seat an forget about it! If it fails me 2 months from now the convenience was worth the lost $30!

Back