• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

East Tennessee get together. Tellico Lake, Watts Bar Lake, Norris Lake, Chickamauga lake?

Possibly later in the summer. Most of those are a 4 hour drive for me. So we would need to stay somewhere. Bimini is in June, so maybe July or August.

We will be at Norris 19-26 July.

I think this would be fun. Norris Lake is the furthest away for me.

We are typically there every weekend. We put in at Waterside Marina

@GiddYupJoe @McTafur @primedoc looks like we would have myself and two others at norris on the Saturday July 19th. I would be out on the 20th. But maybe we can get together somewhere on the 19th.
Anyone else on this thread plan on being at norris at this time?

We will be getting down there around between noon and two that day. Check in to the cabin is at 4. We will be staying by the jumping bridge part of the lake.

@GiddYupJoe @McTafur @primedoc looks like we would have myself and two others at norris on the Saturday July 19th. I would be out on the 20th. But maybe we can get together somewhere on the 19th.
Anyone else on this thread plan on being at norris at this time?

We are planning on going to Norris July 18 - 20. Just a short weekend.

It would be cool to get together!

@McTafur , how long of a boat ride is it from the New Tazewell area to La Follette area? I have not been there before and from what it looks like on the map, it would be a pretty long boat ride? I havn't quite got my bearings straight on how long it takes to get places on the water.

@Volffas , what part of the lake would you be staying?

@McTafur , how long of a boat ride is it from the New Tazewell area to La Follette area? I have not been there before and from what it looks like on the map, it would be a pretty long boat ride? I havn't quite got my bearings straight on how long it takes to get places on the water.

Honestly I don't know. This will be our 2nd yr with the boat down to TN. Last year I had a another guy with us who knew the lake well.

We are going to be at Springs Dock. I have never been to the lake so I'm not exactly sure where it is in relation to La Follette.

We are going to be at Springs Dock. I have never been to the lake so I'm not exactly sure where it is in relation to La Follette.

You will be right around the corner from where we are. If you are looking at the map.... the big long finger just to the left of where you are, with a road going over it is the jumping brige. We will be back there.

You will be right around the corner from where we are. If you are looking at the map.... the big long finger just to the left of where you are, with a road going over it is the jumping brige. We will be back there.

Sounds good.

Looking at the lake from Google maps makes me think I am going to need a decent GPS unit or I will be all kinds of turned around. I'm used to boating the Ohio River that is just long and straight, it's almost impossible to get turned around on that!

I would be at point 19 basically the widest part of the lake near the large island in the center

@primedoc ,Sounds like a good time, but my traveling days are limited for this year at least.

Last edited:
Back