• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Falls Lake, Wake County, North Carolina

96Pirate

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was just out there today, it was beautiful, no crowds at all. It was my first time on Falls Lake as I usually go to Jordan. I don't think I will be able to make it out tomorrow, how crowded are the ramps on the weekend? I have heard some horror stories.
The Creedmoor ramp is never more than 1-2 cars in line has been my experience. Most times for me I just pick the ramp I want and go or maybe wait on 1 truck pulling out. Six Forks is a totally different story. Fewer ramps and certain times I have seen cars backed up on the road....that's a good 15 + cars deep. Others can speak that make that their home ramp. But I prefer Creedmoor. The only negative is Six Forks puts you on the south end closer to the Dam and Creedmoor is on the north end. I prefer the trek to the Dam so it takes longer launching from Creedmoor.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I hate the barton creek ramp! ! ! But it is entertaining on a busy weekend... like an Old man and woman in a 1988 front wheel drive oldsmobile towing a suspiciously water ready bass boat with limited to no backing skills blocking up the entrance to the ramps before getting angry and driving away leaving his wife standing at the ramps kinda entertaining.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Barton Creek should be avoided unless you want to be in a crowd, or its an off day. I think most of the other ramps are pretty quiet. Rolling View Marina is nearly always dead because you have to pay $6 to get into the park....and that is just too much money for many people apparently. But it is on the west end of the lake...so if you want to go to the dam its a 13 mile cruise.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

AndyD

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
How's the water temp today? Planning on heading out tomorrow.

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
On another note, I did help some friends out with their jetski, they ingested a tow rope and thought it would be a good idea to flip it over in the lake to cut the rope out, until it started sinking. We pulled it over to the bank and pulled plugs, but it was too late. The engine compartment was completely full of water. Had to tow it back to the ramp. I am still trying to figure out how he thought that would be a good idea.
Jetskis flip all the time. I've flipped mine to remove ingestions before, including Bimini last year.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I hate the barton creek ramp! ! ! But it is entertaining on a busy weekend... like an Old man and woman in a 1988 front wheel drive oldsmobile towing a suspiciously water ready bass boat with limited to no backing skills blocking up the entrance to the ramps before getting angry and driving away leaving his wife standing at the ramps kinda entertaining.
Agree that thing is too damn steep and no traction!

Eric Ballard

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My family and I will be out at falls lake Saturday. We'll be in the main lake area and Sandling beach. Hope to see you guys out there!

Smitty

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My family and I will be out at falls lake Saturday. We'll be in the main lake area and Sandling beach. Hope to see you guys out there!
We are planning on heading out to Jordan Lake Saturday, if anything changes and I head to Falls lake instead, I will let you know.