• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First start of season ; concerned with water cooling

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You know that the water won't come out of the jets, but out of the exhaust hole and thermostat hole? If your water pressure isn't very high it won't come out of the pissers either. Do you have ANY water coming out below the boat? If not, then you haven't connected the adapter properly or you have a kink in the hose line (the latter being a long shot as I can't imagine it not letting SOME water through).

I'd put it on the water and make sure she runs fine on the trailer backed all the way into the water while still on the ramp (which I'll bet she does).

Joe Monteleone

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
So you don't believe there is any water in the bilge.....And you're saying the engine was on and you had good water pressure, but still nothing coming out....I'm kinda at a loss.

Yeah me too. Just went out with the flashlight :). No water in the bilge or anywhere for that matter. Ran weedwacker line in the pissers. Took about 5 to 6 feet of line no problem. Engine compartment is dry. storage areas are dry. Almost like the water was not running past the quick connect?

Joe Monteleone

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
You know that the water won't come out of the jets, but out of the exhaust hole and thermostat hole? If your water pressure isn't very high it won't come out of the pissers either. Do you have ANY water coming out below the boat? If not, then you haven't connected the adapter properly or you have a kink in the hose line (the latter being a long shot as I can't imagine it not letting SOME water through).

I'd put it on the water and make sure she runs fine on the trailer backed all the way into the water while still on the ramp (which I'll bet she does).

Very, very little water. I was using a salt away device at first and there seemed to a very small amount of foam under the port/jet, but very little. Then I took off the salt away device and just used the hose to the connector..and nothing

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I wonder how long it would take (without cooling) to set off the engine temp alarm?

I'm interested in this because I've never ran the motors while on the trailer, but I plan to in the future.

Joe Monteleone

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I wonder how long it would take (without cooling) to set off the engine temp alarm?

I'm interested in this because I've never ran the motors while on the trailer, but I plan to in the future.

Well I ran it twice for no more than two mins (with about 10 mins in between) and the alarms did not go off. There was exhaust/smoke coming out of the rear...but no freekin water.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Joe Monteleone

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
My guess is the connector wasn't coupled all the way....you inserted it and twisted til it locked?

hopy you are right Julian. That's what it would appear to be. I will try again tomorrow in the light.

Now it makes me wonder if they winterized it properly. Not sure how I would tell or know.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
For most dealers, winterizing is an oil change and plug change.....does the oil look fresh? Would be hard to prove they didn't......and your current issue doesn't seem related to winterization anyway.

Joe Monteleone

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
For most dealers, winterizing is an oil change and plug change.....does the oil look fresh? Would be hard to prove they didn't......and your current issue doesn't seem related to winterization anyway.

Thanks again. the oil does look fresh

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sounds like something is not right with your flush port, or the way you connect the hose. I would put it on the water, bet you will be fine - give it a bit of gas and watch the pissers. I would keep it hooked to the trailer just in case you need to pull out.

--

Joe Monteleone

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Sounds like something is not right with your flush port, or the way you connect the hose. I would put it on the water, bet you will be fine - give it a bit of gas and watch the pissers. I would keep it hooked to the trailer just in case you need to pull out.

--

Thanks Swatski. I will give that a try tomorrow and let you know.

Joe Monteleone

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Well I'm on the water. No problems. Must be the connector was not seated correctly. Thanks to all for your help.