• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

First time out with ar

aarons1k

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg ]First time out this year and with new boat . Installed new bow roller was a breeZe ! Loaded and unloaded it 2 times , launch was slow :) didn't get much time out as it rained all most all day while we were on the rock river . Boat is a mess ! But well worth the hour drive !!! Jumped in and lets just say the water is freezing still !!! Hahahha

Last edited:

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Congratulations. You will soon have days that you wish the sun never sets.

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Your boating area sure looks beautiful! Enjoy your new boat. They are a lot of fun and the good times with family and friends are priceless!

Captain Ron

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations. I just picked up a 2010 AR210. But I havent been out yet. Should be out this coming weekend and I cant wait. Are you happy with the power? I was a little concerned it might not be enough but everyone says it will be lots. What do you think.

aarons1k

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Congratulations. I just picked up a 2010 AR210. But I havent been out yet. Should be out this coming weekend and I cant wait. Are you happy with the power? I was a little concerned it might not be enough but everyone says it will be lots. What do you think.
Thanks ! I got it out last weekend not for long tho because of the rain . I met another guy w a ar 210 and his family , they were pulling his daughters on a tube brrrrrrr! I came from a single jet seadoo , I was kinda nervous after seeing what my seadoo motor put out and what the yami was rated at .... But I was impressed with 4 people on the boat it had tons of power !!! Real test will be 2 grown men on 2 tubes and a full boat !! I think it will
Do fine !
I'm still trying to get use to reverse on the new boat !!! My doo def had a better bucket and more control in reverse ... Let me know what you think when u get your boat out !!!

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks ! I got it out last weekend not for long tho because of the rain . I met another guy w a ar 210 and his family , they were pulling his daughters on a tube brrrrrrr! I came from a single jet seadoo , I was kinda nervous after seeing what my seadoo motor put out and what the yami was rated at .... But I was impressed with 4 people on the boat it had tons of power !!! Real test will be 2 grown men on 2 tubes and a full boat !! I think it will
Do fine !
I'm still trying to get use to reverse on the new boat !!! My doo def had a better bucket and more control in reverse ... Let me know what you think when u get your boat out !!!
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised how the tubes pull even weighted down. I went from a cobalt with a marine retrofit racing motor that had about 310HP to the screw (was a 5.8L 351C) to the same engines you have in your boat and my low end torque in combination with shorter time to plane made a huge difference for how I pulled up skiers and got tubes going quick. I have actually towed 2 5-person molecules at the same time and it was like they weren't even back there (though I think the Molecule is the best towing tube ever).

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
You'll have no problem pulling tubes. We have an SX210. These boats put their power to the water very well in terms of acceleration and pulling. They may lose out on top speed compared to propeller drive but they accelerate very well. The jet pumps are able to deliver essentially full thrust regardless of how fast the boat is moving.

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Aaron Stammet , beautiful boat you got there! Besides wishing you the best and all that, I noticed that it looks like you have your keys on separate floats. The floats are a good idea, so they won't sink, but I would recommend that you use something to attach them to each other. Things like that tend to grow legs and one key is not fun.

Personally, see the ponytail the lovely young lady in your photo has? Ask to borrow one of those thingys they use - my girls call them ponytail holders (duh) they work great for keeping the keys together. :cool:

aarons1k

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@Aaron Stammet , beautiful boat you got there! Besides wishing you the best and all that, I noticed that it looks like you have your keys on separate floats. The floats are a good idea, so they won't sink, but I would recommend that you use something to attach them to each other. Things like that tend to grow legs and one key is not fun.

Personally, see the ponytail the lovely young lady in your photo has? Ask to borrow one of those thingys they use - my girls call them ponytail holders (duh) they work great for keeping the keys together. :cool:
Thanks u ! Great idea , I didn't even think about it ! I actually just this week took the spare keys off the floats . Previous owner left all them together lol I'm gonna ask the old lady for one of those hair things when she gets home ;)

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats on a great first trip out. Looked cold ;) But still a ton of fun!!!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
You'll have no problem pulling tubes.....the great thing about jet boats is that they waste no energy raising the bow due to the thust point being below the boat. Thrust is delivered at the transom....so most of it goes to forward movement....add to that thrust vectoring....and you have some serious side to side movement capabilites! But you probably know all this if you had a Seadoo!

Captain Ron

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do fine !
Got my boat out this weekend. Was pretty impressed. It beat my brother-in-laws Rinker with a 350 Mag (300 hp ) off the line but he could catch up and pass me. I am happy if i can pretty much keep up with him with only 220 hp. Top speed was 42 mph on the gps. Speedo read 44 mph.
Its going to take a little practice to dock this boat. It definately doesnt handle like my old one. But I dont think it will take long to figure it out. You're right, reverse is tricky.
All in all, was very happy with it.
Took some pictures this weekend, not very good ones. Will get some better ones as the season goes on. You think you're water is cold, the ice just left our lake a week ago. Now thats cold.boat 002.JPG boat 003.JPG

David D

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Add Thrust Vectors -- it will make all the difference in docking. I have an ugly story about getting cut-off at slow speed without them. I bought them the next day and have never looked back.
http://jetboatpilot.com/

aarons1k

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Got my boat out this weekend. Was pretty impressed. It beat my brother-in-laws Rinker with a 350 Mag (300 hp ) off the line but he could catch up and pass me. I am happy if i can pretty much keep up with him with only 220 hp. Top speed was 42 mph on the gps. Speedo read 44 mph.
Its going to take a little practice to dock this boat. It definately doesnt handle like my old one. But I dont think it will take long to figure it out. You're right, reverse is tricky.
All in all, was very happy with it.
Took some pictures this weekend, not very good ones. Will get some better ones as the season goes on. You think you're water is cold, the ice just left our lake a week ago. Now thats cold.View attachment 21776 View attachment 21778
Looking good ! It's just like anything new and different takes some time to get use to it . ICE!!! I bet it was colder !!! It's been raining in IL for about 2 weeks now and I'm sick so I haven't been back out . Can't wait tho!

Captain Ron

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ya we will be out this weekend again, it is a long weekend in Canada. Hopefully the wind will stay away so we can get on the lake. Cant wait to start pulling tubes and skiing but that is a month or so away. So fishing for now. Just got to install a fish finder.