• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Floor storage locker strut bracket

Jeel

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Brand new AR 240 opened the floor storage door for only the 5th time and all of the screws ripped out ...is there a fix for this ? Is the gas strut to strong for the flimsy mounting screws? .i had the same problem on my 06 boat but it took years to break and not weeks

Attachments

• 0FBE8524-166F-42D6-A1F2-9AC37E8F27CB.jpeg
    0FBE8524-166F-42D6-A1F2-9AC37E8F27CB.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 22
On many of these boats the strut is mounted in the wrong spot and the door doesnt open fully....this might have contributed to yours pulling out.

The 2nd link above also links to one of the original threads about getting longer struts.
Thanks , i think ill try repositioning it down to bottom holes ..mine only had 3 screws in it , only 1 on the bottom

You can put a longer one on so it opens straight up giving you better access. There’s a thread on here about it. I did it and it makes it a lot better than factory.

Consider it a blessing in disguise. Open your door to 90 degrees, and screw that baby back in. Voila, problem solved and now your door opens all the way.

Relocated the bracket lower and to the right and seems to work much better ..the original placement had the strut on a angle ...

Attachments

• D413CE49-121E-4156-99A6-B7ACC1DD9DCD.jpeg
    D413CE49-121E-4156-99A6-B7ACC1DD9DCD.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 15
Consider it a blessing in disguise. Open your door to 90 degrees, and screw that baby back in. Voila, problem solved and now your door opens all the way.

This is what I did and it works perfectly now. (FWIW, I only had 2 screws before moving).

I used weldabond to plug my holes. Also used blue thread locker to prevent screws from backing out.

Back