• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Foil Boarding - Loyal to the Foil

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
How about Kite foiling...This guy was out in the harbor last evening ripping it up.

Tlcaffall

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Getting better. Pushing every bit of wave that we can out of an ar190.... a turbo charger would help a ton..... I couldn't go ropless at Powell 3500ft elevation, on a surf board, but I could on the Foil. Could only fill my fat sac to half way at this elevation and still get to surf speed.

giroux68

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have only seen a couple foils on Lanier...where ndo you keep your boat? I'm at baldridge.

giroux68

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
IMG_20220704_195904097.jpg
Happy independence Day!!!

Last edited:

giroux68

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When I'm ready for a new wing...this is going to be the one!!IMG_20220630_193743290_HDR.jpg

giroux68

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
And yes, a wet suit in August. It was chilly and rainy today. The videos wont upload extension issue ..but I'll get some up. Got the fv200 tail.1660968974243289022428852734855.jpg

giroux68

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Being the dumbass that I am, I sped of one evening back to the Marina....with the slingshot foil on the Bimini... Went back for it after I got to the slip and realized my stupidity. Went back and looked around nothing. .hoping some one on Lanier is getting some use out of it. But it gave me a reason to upgrade to a Armstrong set up. The hoverglide was great to learn on. The wing to fuse attachment sucks and was wobbly. The Armstrong quality is amazing. I tried the CF 1600 with the standard rear wing and the fv200. Both are great. But the HS1550 with the fv tail...holy crap...

Nakk

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The hoverglide was great to learn on. The wing to fuse attachment sucks and was wobbly. The Armstrong quality is amazing. I tried the CF 1600 with the standard rear wing and the fv200. Both are great. But the HS1550 with the fv tail...holy crap...
The HoverGlide setup is designed to be inexpensive and easy to learn on, so any really good foil--spendy--is going to be a step up, especially switching to a high aspect wing. Armstrong makes good foils for sure. The Slingshot Phantasm line is also exceptional--at least as good as Armstrong. The nice thing about upgrading to the Phantasm is that Slingshot makes adapters so that you can use your Hover Glide parts as you upgrade a bit at a time to Phantasm. That way it's not such a big monetary outlay all at once. Lift Foils are also exceptionally good foils worth taking a look at.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Saw a foil behind a boat this last weekend. Looked really cool. Kids said they want one next year. Then in the later afternoon zipping buy us when I was changing tow ropes and riders was a guy on a motorized foil that was just going across the water, around the cove and then kept going. Very, Very cool. Of course the kids want that now as well. ROFL

Bonfiggy

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Saw a foil behind a boat this last weekend. Looked really cool. Kids said they want one next year. Then in the later afternoon zipping buy us when I was changing tow ropes and riders was a guy on a motorized foil that was just going across the water, around the cove and then kept going. Very, Very cool. Of course the kids want that now as well. ROFL
A buddy of mine works at a boat dealership - they also sell eFoils. He brings demo units out with him most weekends. I asked how much for the model he was on one time - $13k.... Pretty sure my jaw hit the floor.

Super cool though!