• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

From bad to worse. Water in the engine.

Sorry I missed this, I would have suggested using a compressor and blowing air in the spark plug holes to dry out the cylinders then spraying in some wd 40 or similar oil but it appears you have it all handled now.

Well, it started up right away several times in the driveway, no issues. We took it down to the river, it started right away again... we went about 10 minutes at full throttle (10200 RPMs, both engines), then cruised around another 20 at about 8k... then no-waked for about 45 minutes, full throttle again, never missed a beat. Even shut it down for about an hour, it still started right up. I pulled the dipstick after running it hard a couple times, no discoloration in the oil at all so I didn't pull any out yet. I'm going to keep watching the dipstick this weekend and change it out Monday, unless I see something bad in the meantime. But the engine runs just as well as the other one, it seems like I've fixed the damage AND the hard starting!

...anyone with the older SX boats, you might want to check the routing of your positive/negative leads to the port engine! ;)

@MOA_Chaser .... I've lost track with what the root cause of your problem was! Was it the starter, the cables or the solenoid? Or because you replace them all, you don't know?

I believe the root cause was the cables routed under the shield. That would explain the intermittent starting and the occasional stalling of the other engine while trying to start the port engine (shorting power cable coupled with lower amperage from only having a fraction the wire left). I think the cable shorting against the shaft ended up frying the solenoid as it ended up dead this past weekend. Thank God I didn't have gas fumes in the engine compartment!

Awesome! !!! Glad It Is fixed!

Back