• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Generator

The electric space heaters you will need to have and add up the wattage as the chances of them running at the same time are very high. Also figure your wattage on your refrigerator etc. I dod mine and I need 4000 continuous just for those items. Factor in fans/lights etc. and a little breathing room so I do not have to listen to the unit labor and upsize to a 6KW. Mine holds 5 gal of gas and runs everything I have for 12 hours on a tank. Something else to think about is fuel consumption, exact sized units will burn through more than an oversized unit. This year I am installing a Generac 12KW Propane gen set that is capable of running everything summer or winter.... just need to finish hooking it up and get the tank filled... but that takes $$ away from the new boat at the moment. LOL

Yamaha Powered - $600 - Able to be paralleled to 4000 watts. Costco return policy! http://www.costco.com/Smarter-Tools-2000-watt-Parallel-Capable-Inverter-Generator-with-Yamaha®-Engine.product.100121916.html

That being said I purchased the earlier version of this and it had a faulty oil sensor switch that prevented it from starting. Had it had parallel capabilities (it didn't) I would have kept it. I returned it when I couldn't start it.

I ended up with the Honda EU2000i. Expensive. Quiet. Reliable. Fuel Efficient. Able to be paralleled.

I'd go with two of these. That cost less than what I paid for my Yamaha EF2400iSHC Inverter Generator . This way you have the option of only running one when your needs are less. And the Pure Sinewave™ technology is great if you are running your electronic devices. Not to mention hauling a single, big generator around can be a PITA. :cool:

Being in the path of tropical disruptions, I have been wanting to pull the trigger on a propane generator. It is my understanding that propane generators do not need much maintenance because there is no fuel that will foul over time. Additionally, propane is easier to store and much easier to buy post hurricane. Sadly I have yet to invest in one but my thoughts are there!

Actually, if you buy a regular generator, you can buy conversion kits that will allow you to use gas OR propane in your generator with minimal switch-over time!

I've thought of doing that for our generator at hunting camp, because nothing makes me more nervous than having to refill the generator with gasoline the night before deer season. If I spill any on me, they'll smell me from a mile away!

https://www.propanecarbs.com/dualfuelconversion.html

Being in the path of tropical disruptions, I have been wanting to pull the trigger on a propane generator. It is my understanding that propane generators do not need much maintenance because there is no fuel that will foul over time. Additionally, propane is easier to store and much easier to buy post hurricane. Sadly I have yet to invest in one but my thoughts are there!

A friend of mine moved down your way and now owns West Coast Generators. His name is Jeff Rymer. Super smart guy and always happy. Worth giving him a call if you are serious.

That's too funny. Small world!
I see his van and ads all of the time, I think he lives close to me.​

When we lived in Illinois we had a power outage (ended up being 4 hours or so, but due to the rain, our basement was on the verge of flooding) so I ran to Menards and bought the last generator they had in stock....a 5500 continuous (forget the brand). Cost something like $599. I've used it three times in the last 8 years....so keep in mind how often you might have to use it and for how long. Our outages have always been pretty short. $600 wasn't cheap, but glad I didn't spend more than that!

Back