• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

GETMYBOAT boat rental and renting website

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

jdiaz78

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I would be too scared that someone would break my boat or put a lot of scratches on it while taking it back to the slip.

Detonate

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The name of it escapes me, but someone was telling me about this 'boat club' here in the area that was kinda like a timeshare for boats.

You basically pay in whatever the fee is, and you get points, and weekends to use those points. So one weekend you take out a pimped out wakeboard boat, then the next your are in a cabin cruiser, and then maybe for the heck of it you get a go fast boat!

Sounded like an interesting concept. Especially for infrequent boaters....

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@Detonate I think that one was called http://freedomboatclub.com/
@jdiaz78 I agree....but they do recommend insurance....which is how I think they make their money, as listing and renting is free. Still agree...not sure I'd rent out a fiberglass boat. Aluminum with an out board you could easily check on...perhaps....

Shuck Water

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Dallas had the Big D Boat Club at my marina which is now http://suntexboatclub.com/ Here's the pricing from their website.
Club-vs-Ownership.jpg

The gimmick is that you are not guaranteed a specific boat, but based on your club level (silver, gold, platinum) you are given priority booking of any boat in the fleet. Of course gas is not included.

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
That number for average monthly expenses is way off...

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Yeah...those numbers are way off. Even if you assume 40K boat at 0% over 5 years, I can only eek my costs up to $1000/month, and that assumes no residual value of the boat after 5 years....which is obviously not the case.

My monthly estimation (during the 1st 5 years)
Boat Price $25,000-$10,000 (residual value)= $15000 Monthly $250
Slip Yearly=1800 Monthly= $150
Maintenance 350 Monthly=$29.16667
Licensing $200 Monthly=$16.66667
Total Monthly for me....445.8333

GetMyBoat

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I would be too scared that someone would break my boat or put a lot of scratches on it while taking it back to the slip.
Well, we do offer renters and owners insurance, safety is our top priority. Check it out!

Yamahawker

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I've seen http://getmyboat.com/ and a few of their competitors around as well. I think they're the biggest and have the most variety as well. Boat sharing is an interesting concept...I'm excited to see where it goes...

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Well, we do offer renters and owners insurance, safety is our top priority. Check it out!
@GetMyBoat Welcome! Glad you found us! Any idea how much the insurance runs (assume a 30K boat rented for 1 day)? I checked out your site and it sure is an interesting idea! Am I correct that your site makes it money off insurance? If not, how do you pay for your services?