• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

hello from north carolina

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I used barton creek when I was launching my jet ski and I was alone... barton is very busy... u gotta get in.. unload/load and get the hell outta the way. With this new boat I have to learn how to handle I will Prob use hwy 50 ramp. You gotta pay to get in but it's no where near as busy and they have bathrooms there as well... once I get the hang of handling the boat we will Prob go back to barton creek

spaz1868

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It's just not right...for someone to own that boat for that long and only use her for 30 hours. Oh well...their loss and your gain!

Welcome to the site...it will be your best resource for your boat.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We use Hickory Hill boat ramp there. I don't think I've ever seen more than 2 or 3 boats there, and it's huge. It's kinda shallow until you get past the bridge, but stick to the perimeter and you'll be fine. We've never had an issue there. No facilities, but the marina isn't far from there.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

veedubtek

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scout
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
It's really nice, and the closest one for us coming from Winston. I can be at that ramp in barely over an hour. Once it warms up a bit out there, we'll be out there again

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Barton creek is closer for me coming from the wake forest area but on the week ends you have to turn and burn at the ramp to get outta the way... at some point we will be at that level but right now I wanna go slow to get use to the boat... we bought it at chatlee on sat and took it to a small lake near my house .. we had it out for about an hour and then the rain came so we are eager... I know sat we will be on falls... we may go to lake royal on friday after work... it's real close to me. Either way .. reading this site has me wanting to take a vacation day this week! Lol

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It had better be good!... if u see a family of 5 on a red 2008 yamaha that seem like they are completely baffled about what they are doing stop and say hi!

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Btw... what do you use to clean the boat... the hull and seats and floor and stuff... before it was put into storage it was waxed so I think it is good there but it could really use a good cleaning.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
For the hull I use any of the hull cleaning products with muriatic acid....Starbrite is one type like this. Depending on how dirty it is you can also use any number of less expensive products. Check out the FAQ under cleaning.

For the floor and undersides of the seats....magic erasers are AMAZING....or any of the knockoffs on ebay.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Btw... what do you use to clean the boat... the hull and seats and floor and stuff... before it was put into storage it was waxed so I think it is good there but it could really use a good cleaning.
SUB-MOVE!!!!!

Gimme the con cap'n. Then WATCH THIS

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
What do you use to clean the boat after the SUB-MOVE?:winkingthumbsup"

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is the best pic I have right now... we have only been on the water for an hour and a half... but this week end I will fix that... my wife has informed me that we ARE gonna tint the windshield and we WILL be getting LED's installed... uh... ok! Gotta keep the wife happy!

Attachments

Last edited:

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@bronze_10 My daughter has school tomorrow morning....so I'll be on the boat installing a new 12V outlet, fixing my speaker connections and any other items on my spring to do list. So if you are in the area of the marina....swing down the 2nd section of docks and say hello (I'm on the north side of the 3rd finger of docks)

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Julian We aim to be at the hwy 50 boat ramp somewhere around 12 to 1230... we might putt along into the marina... at some point! I definitely know what the back of your boat looks like.. We plan to stay on the lake until it starts to get dark.. so we will be out of awhile..

MrWizard

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome to the site! I just recently purchased my '08 SX230 and GUARANTEE you're already in love with it! I just moved home from NC, but spent a LOT of time Belews Creek Lake...loved it there, and miss it :( Enjoy your summer!!