• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Help Me Price Sotally Tober to Sell

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
This post is bitter sweet.

Bitter in that I absolutely love this special boat... so much time and thought was spent in the design and I fully intended to keep it for over a decade.

Sweet in that my family just purchased property in a very unique gated city in Southern California called Canyon Lake (A Little Bit of Paradise). This community revolves around boating and is built on a private lake that only its residence have access to. Unfortunately, they limit the size of the boat to 21 feet 6 inches.

That said, I’m making the painful decision of selling Sotally Tober 5 after our final trip to Lake Havasu mid September and in turn buy a 21 foot boat to have access to our private lake.

This is where you as the collective come in.

I’ve been keeping an eye on boat prices as of late and needless to say they are all over the place. I also recognize that Sotally Tober 5 is a very unique and special boat that has been thoroughly cared for and I need your help pricing it.

Right now NADA has it listed as:
Average Retail: $87,545
Low Retail: $77,105
Suggested List: $70,999

Boat will have approximately 170 hours at the conclusion of our season next month (September 2022).

I'm located in San Diego, CA and the boat is in an indoor storage unit in Yuma, AZ.

I’m not in a rush to sell; however, I’m also a realist and know that I will be taking a lost on the numerous customizations I’ve done.

I’ve annotated the items that are not included in the sale but can be negotiated into the price on the pics below.

What would you list this boat at?

On a side note, if anyone is interested in purchasing the boat before I list it please let me know and I will be happy to work with you. I’d like to keep it in the community if possible. I can be reached by phone/text at: (858) 261-4103 or by email at: scottbiden@icloud.com.

1.jpeg2.jpeg3.JPG4.JPG5.JPG8.jpeg11.jpeg12.jpeg14..jpeg14.jpeg15.jpeg15.png16.jpeg17.jpeg18.jpeg

Last edited:

Epsmith19

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Other
Just my 2 cents but I think the stripper pole does more to hurt the value vs help, If I were you I wouldn't feature it in the listing.

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I just saw a listing here for a boat with one. They went with “custom steel flagpole”.
I've seen pics of other Yamaha's with rudimentary stripper poles added floating around the internet but have never seen one posted on the forums let alone for sale. Would love to see it if you still have access to the post =).

I've sold a 2007 AR210 and a 2013 212SS both with stripper poles. Definitely did not seem to hinder the interest and didn't have any issues selling but definitely open to the opinion of the collective.

CanTex

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If you're selling only because of length restrictions at Canyon I'd keep the boat and role the dice if enforcement folks realize.

As I'm sure you're in the know - a 21'6" boat with a 2' swim platform will be dam close to the length of your current boat.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I've seen pics of other Yamaha's with rudimentary stripper poles added floating around the internet but have never seen one posted on the forums let alone for sale. Would love to see it if you still have access to the post =).

I've sold a 2007 AR210 and a 2013 212SS both with stripper poles. Definitely did not seem to hinder the interest and didn't have any issues selling but definitely open to the opinion of the collective.
Not a Yamaha, I just happened to notice it. I guess my eye is trained to such things. I had the wording a little wrong.

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Not a Yamaha, I just happened to notice it. I guess my eye is trained to such things. I had the wording a little wrong.

Nice! I can appreciate tha. I'd expect a bigger stereo system if he's rocking a "Steele Flag Pole" =)

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
If you're selling only because of length restrictions at Canyon I'd keep the boat and role the dice if enforcement folks realize.

As I'm sure you're in the know - a 21'6" boat with a 2' swim platform will be dam close to the length of your current boat.
Thanks for the advice. Canyon Lake, California measures from the tip of the bow to the bottom of the transom for Yamaha's. I'll give my 24 footer a measure as I just assumed it's over the limit. All I've seen are 21 footers on the lake but I don't have much time on it. Anyone have their boat available to do this? Mine is in Yuma, AZ.

You're required to do an inspection with CL marine patrol to include measurements in order to receive a tag for the boat.

I will be VERY interested in the measurements of the new 22 footers though.

Screen Shot 2022-08-26 at 15.24.23.png

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Sotally Tober Hmmmm, perhaps someone has a recent 21' that they want to trade with you and some cash? 212

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Put some 210 decals on it and see if they even pull out a tape measure. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Put some 210 decals on it and see if they even pull out a tape measure. 🤷🏼‍♂️
Ha! I’ve heard they’re hardcore with the boat regs in that city. Seeing as they have a 212x measured in the pic above directly off their website I might be hard pressed to get the reg sticker 😂. Awesome idea though!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length